Off Topic...any nba fans here?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by steve, Jun 10, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

What did you think of the Lakers' 19 game win streak getting snapped by a Sixer team that most people thought had no chance in the finals? I really thought San Antonio would win it all, but a lot of my picks were wrong this year which is really weird. Anyway, I'm getting ready to watch Game 3 so feel free to post any comments.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I have a sister and brother-in-law in Philly...Whie I am rooting for them outwardly I secretly thought they (or anyone) had no chance against LA...I am really amazed at the way they have stepped up to the plate (or the hoop)! Iverson 48 pts...Go Sixers!

-Dave

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Philly native here:) I must root for my hometown boys. My former team has dismembered due to the second retirement of his Airness:(

The Sixers will go all the way baby!!!

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I'm in a quandry...

Living in/near Philly now, but am a native-born Californian and proud of it! ;-)

Oh wait, I don't like bball anyway so I don't really care.. LOL How's that for sitting on the fence?

6. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Philly will surprise us.....go 76'ers.

Sister Girl

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Oh well. WGENT

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I was wrong about the Devils, I don't think I am wrong about the Lakers. You do have to love the energy of a guy like Iverson.

www.creditsense.com

9. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I thought this was a board about credit, not basketball. If we really want to get off topic, let's discuss the issue of capital punishment. No, let's not. There's a time and a place (board) for everything.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The thread was clearly titled off topic, so just don't read it, pretty simple.

11. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Well put MOMOF3!!!

Go Philly, go philly. ;o)

12. SisterGirl

What gives you the right?

Why did you even bother to reply ? If you don't like the matter at hand,then keep going until something does apply to you.

Sister Girl

13. fingrrrl

I bet if I had posted something that was off topic and someone didn't approve, they'd jump all over me. And yes, I have every right to what I feel. Thank you.

14. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

Lakers all the way baby!!!! Philly deserves respect, but honestly, I was hoping for a SWEEP!!!! Looks like they will go to all seven games, though!

CC

15. SisterGirl

The first thing in the subject line was....OFF TOPIC(meaning just that).

can you dig it ?

Sister Girl

16. fingrrrl

Of course I can...doesn't mean I can't feel that the subject is not warranted to a credit board. We all have our opinions. I'm dropping it now. Can you dig it?

17. SisterGirl

Right on !

Sister Girl

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

And now off the topic of the off topic:

Every time I read or hear Can you dig it? I think of Sirus saying that over and over just before he gets whacked...in the movie The Warriors. Brings back memories of high school :)

-Dave

Waaarrrriors come out to plaaaaaaay! (clink)

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Funny that was on yesterday, my husband watched it again , he must have seen this atleast 50 times LOL.

Honestly if people don't want to read off topic threads than just don't. Someone mentioned this board was very calm lately and it has been, but these "you shouldn't post it threads" and other gripes and asking deadbeats their success stories makes me rather ill........grrrrrrrrr on to my packing!!

20. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm truly amazed at what the Sixers are doing. I know they're down 2-1, but they were very competitive in the two losses and they keep showing why they are the Eastern Conference champs. Does anyone remember the All Star game where the East shocked the West by pulling off the upset?