Who's checking which CRA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wolverine, Apr 11, 2002.

1. wolverine

wolverine Well-Known Member

I love the idea of millcbs, unfortunately the info is mostly inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete. Let's start doing it right here. If you apply for something, post the results here and we'll all have up to date info. Most of us have one or two CRA's that are substantially better so we have to limit our apps. I personally have a great Equ score, but no one checks it in California..

Here are my last few and I'm in California

Delta Gold Approved 15k 731 Equifax
    FUSA Denied 686 Experian
    MBNA Approved 25k 686 Exp. TU 701

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I agree with the fact that MillCBS is out of date and while I also feel this effort is a needed one, and I think we should share this kind of updated information, it may be more productive to start this "movement" to update the MillCBS system. It is setup to search many different ways and operates more like a database for retrieval and storage than threads on this board can accomplish. Even "active" threads with important information will end up several pages off the "scope of view" within a couple weeks with the volume of posts here and then are difficult to search by state or creditor. These threads usually illicit several good and informative responses and then are lost until the question of "who pulls what?" is asked again.

Just a suggestion, but maybe we should put this effort behind submitting the information Wolverine is talking about into the MillCBS system. You can do that by clicking here

Again just a suggestion Wolverine, I did not mean to sidetrack your efforts to solicit information from the board members and do encourage responses to his question.

That said I just requested my reports so I don't have information on my most recent inquiries but here is a summary of my past reports, all pulled in the Maryland/DC area and are:

Citibank who pulled Equifax,
    DishNet who pulled Equifax
    Amex Blue pulled Equifax
    FNANB pulled Equifax

Amex LOC pulled Experian
    Everbank pulled Experian
    AT&T wireless pulled Experian

Cap1 pulled Experian and
    Cap1 pulled TU

Voicestream pulled TU

-Peace, Dave

3. ng

ng Well-Known Member

Is it out-dated or don't companies tend to change whom they pull from.

I have noticed in the same state that it may come from one place for me and another for someone else in a different area of the state.

I called one company and they stated they pull from whoever is dominant in your area.

Very few companies only use one CRA

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

www.millcbs.com is better than NOTHING!!!

I have explained this before...CRA'S change with the seasons...you can have one credit card ALWAYS known for pulling EXPERIAN suddenly switch to EQUIFAX...

The CRA'S from time to time have a "SALE" on credit reports...they try to take the other CRA'S business...

5. wolverine

wolverine Well-Known Member

George I agree with your position. But there just isn't enough useful information. Maybe if all the creditnetters took a few minutes to enter some data.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

JShimmer (John) used to regularly post a "reminder" to the board to update the list...it has grown in functionality much since early days, and everytime he posts his "reminder" notice it grows in total data as well.

Time for a "reminder" from John?

-Peace, Dave

7. ng

ng Well-Known Member

As soon as I know which CRA was used I always post on John's site.

8. solzy

solzy Well-Known Member

I wish the millcbs database were ON creditnet...or at the very least that there was a prominent link...too few people use it and that is probably the biggest problem. And I suspect to few newbies or infrequent lurkers even know it exists. Perhaps on the left side of the page where that ?photo? is....what the hell is that s'posed to be anyways?