Tri-merged reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Slayer, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if I pull one of these it will cause a soft or hard inquiry?

Does anyone have a link for tri-merged reports?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When "YOU" get your own credit report...it MUST be a "SOFT"!!!

You have to apply for a credit card or loan for it to be a "HARD"~~~or some STUPID INSURANCE COMPANIES (FARMERS FOR ONE) pull a "HARD" to "SEE" how you drive!!!

DON'T FORGET TO HAVE ALL THOSE CLAIMS AND TICKETS AND ACCIDENTS (THAT YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE)...WHEN YOUR SCORE TAKES A "DUMP"!!!

3. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

I could've sworn I read a post from someone on this board that when they pulled a tri-merge, it created a hard instead of a soft iquiry.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If they did...they need to DISPUTE IT!!!

5. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

ok..I found 2 sites that offer 3-in-one reports, both for $34.99. One is Q-space (consumerinfo.com) and the other is Monitrust.com.

Has anyone found a cheaper one?

EQ 724
    EX 795
    TU 745

6. Maggie75

Maggie75 Well-Known Member

Input please:
    what advantage might there be to reviewing a tri-merged report rather than having one from each of the CRAs? most of the prices I have seen are about the same as the total for ordering a single one from each CRA, less if you already have access to CreditWatch through Equifax or CE through Experian. hiceost

I have never requested one, since I have CW Scorepower and CE (whatever that score is worth??)and just purchased TransUnion FICO.

Would a trimerged report show me something that the individual reports would not? Is a trimerged something that we should consider ordering if we are considerting an auto loan or mortgage refinance?

7. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

There was a thread here just the other day about someone who pulled a tri-merged and found a bunch of deleted trade lines that were not on individual CRA reports, but were showing up somehow on the tri-merged.

Since my BK has been deleted (due to the 7 year rule, not by dispute), I want to make sure there is no trace whatsoever remaining. I'm applying for a new lease, and I heard some landlords may pull a tri-merged report.

EQ 724
    EX 795
    TU 745

8. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Thanks George!

I got it for $24.95 because I subscribe to Creditwatch.

Just checked it, no baddies, no bk's showing up on tri-merged. Surprisingly most of the tradelines are consistent with all three CRA's.

EQ 726 (gained 2 points today somehow!)
    EX 795
    TU 745

9. Maggie75

Maggie75 Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip, George

BTW, are the court papers filed yet ? you know I am still eligible for adoption...

10. Mrei

Mrei Well-Known Member

BTW,

sometime those 3-1 reports shows up hard & soft INQ from Equifax.... I found 6 of them....