Does anyone want to chew on this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by godaddyo, May 12, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Allright, here we go again. We have a 500.00 dollar hospital bill in collection status. The collector is also the CRA that is reporting the debt. It is strange sending validation letters out to the same company for two different things. They are both located at the same physical address also. Has anyone else had a similiar situation. If so did you change your validation and verification strategy at all or did you head straight forward as usual? It seems like it might be easier to threaten one company than several companies. At the same time they might be keeping track of what is going on in every section of their company.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

You are saying that the collection agency is also a CRA like TU or EXP? Surely, that must be illegal, or should be. Very big conflict in interest.

3. cole

cole Active Member

It is a HUGE conflict of interest, but I called the FTC and it is perfectly legal.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

equifax has their own collection division.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I had a situation similar but not quite the same..there is a local credit bureau in my old hometown who also has a collection division. I sent validation request just like any other and it was removed. In fact, gasp, it was removed with less effort than most. Go figure. Hope yours turns out the same.