Re: Credit Card Approvals with BK
Let's qualify starter bk cards vs rebuilding after bk (1, 2 years or so). I also waited 9 mos post bk discharge to apply for a thing. I was slow. :)
STARTER BK CARDS: score? bad.
1. Household unsecured 300 (the bad one, 19 app fee, 79 annual fee). they won't upgrade to nonprime card but increased to 1900 limit, 15.9 apr, annual fee rebated.
2. Cap1 Unsecured mc 300
3. Providian unsecured visa 500, later upgraded to Gold
6 MOS - 1 YEAR REBUILDING CREDIT: score low 600s
1. Cap1 unsecured gold visa 500
2. Prov MC unsecured 500
1-2 YEARS REBUILDING: score mid 600s
1. Aria/Getsmart unsecured visa (likely could've gotten earlier, just applied at 1 1/2 years or so)
2. Target unsecured 300 (likely could've gotten earlier)
3. Nextcard unsecured 750 o annual fee. Thought it was my first step into semi-prime. Now I'm not liking their APR increases for no reason whatsoever.
4. Cap1 Platinum unsecured 5000. Yes, platinum. started w/regular card and negotiated credit line to platinum.
What would you do if you were certain you would always succeed...