I need some help. I'm new in here and I don't know who else to talk to about this so I hope someone can help me. First, I am in danger of a charge off on my credit card. It was apparently turned over to a collection agency called triadvantage in the beginning of April and I have received calls atleast 2 times a day from this woman. She says she wants to help me w/ my credit and to make sure I maintain my otherwise perfect credit with the exception of the possible charge off. I owe @ $1700. This has been "brought down" to 1300. She told me that this settlement would last 24 hrs and was contingent on my payment; therefore a copy of the settlement could only be drafted AFTER payment. However, she agreed to have it emailed to me on Saturday morning. Never received it. I did check by phone at $400....( I know bad idea) but it's post dated for Monday 4-19-04.
My questions to you guys.
1. Should I stop payment and demand the settlement in writing before I send any more payments?
2. I have an appointment w/ a credit counseling agency but she made a big deal @ not being able to work with them...should I go ahead and see what they can offer me?
3. Is there really a 30 day grace period before a charge off can be applied to my credit report (she has made "threats" that she would have to make an agreement if I didn't follow up with her in a timely manner...such as notifying CitiBank that I'm not making an effort...can she really do that?)?
4. She has asked me to ask my parents for help....I looked up after the fact that they aren't allowed to suggest that....can I make an argument of harassment?
5. I don't have the money upfront except for the $400...that's obvious...any other advice as to how to deal with this.
Sorry for the long message!! If you guys can suggest anything I would greatly appreciate it!! I know I know....for some of the comments you can call me an idiot or whatever....I don't mind at all...just as long as some help can come from this. Thank you in advance for all your help!!!!