Shell Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PawMix, Dec 24, 2003.

1. PawMix

PawMix Well-Known Member

Guys, I am looking for a gas card. I am wed to Shell. There are a couple of options on their web site. All I need is a card that will give me discount on gas. No need for other perks.

I think I'll apply for the Shell Credit Card. It's issued by Citibank.

Has anyone applied for that card lately? Any experiences, good or bad? I'm in Florida.

Thanks,

PawMix

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

The Chase Perfect card is also good. It gives you 6% cash back on ALL gas purchases, no matter what brand for the first 90 days, and 3% thereafter. It also gives you a full 1% cash back on all other purchases.

3. PawMix

PawMix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Steve. I've had a very bad experience with Chase before so I'm not going there, but thanks anyway :)

PawMix

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I had the Texaco CC but it's now converted to Shell. I also have the Shell Freedom mastercard by Chase and the Chase Perfectcard.

I do prefer my citibank card as they were good to me when I opened up my account. It is a Platinum card though and not the shell one you mention. But when I originally applied I applied for the AAdvantage Citibank card and realized after accepting it had an annual fee. I called retention and they switched me to the platinum card with no questions asked and did a BT for 0% for 6 months too. I have had good service so far but I've only had my card for 3 months too. I'm also in Florida.

5. PawMix

PawMix Well-Known Member

iambroke,

Care to share your FICO score at the time when you applied for the card?

Thanks,

PawMix

6. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I was in the mid 600's, not sure exactly. Your's is higher then mine was though so I say go for it!