Home Depot Card (Hard to Get ? )

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Jun 28, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

How hard is it to get the card? I am thinking of geting a new frig at 0% for 6 months..

Thanks

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Forget about it if you have had a BK.

I had a Home Depot card with out a balance on it when I filed BK. I didn't file them because I did not owe them any money and they closed the account and reported I filed BK against them.

Besides Lowe's has a better selection of merchandise.

3. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Put it this way... My mother is a silent partner for two construction firms and she owns her own construction company! Home Depot ...should consider her a God on their premises and they DENIED her!

Last time she checked her credit and score it was a 809... she has one neg and 58 positives. That is give or take between the three of them.

I have no idea what they go on when giving credit.!! I have never seen anyone get a Home Depot Card!!!!

P.S. They pull Equifax for FL and SC

4. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

No BK here, but lots of inquiries in last six months.
    A couple of new accounts under six months.

Do you think I have a chance?

5. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I just got one last week. It's with Monogram Bank in Georgia. Granted, it's only a $300 limit, but they give regular increases. My FICO is 642 by the way and they pulled Equifax in Missouri. I was surprised cause Monogram does Lowes? or is it Nordstrom? and I was declined a few months back for both of those cards.

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Home Depot Card (Hard to Get ?

My wife has a 698 FICO and she got a Home Depot card. I wonder why others with apparently better credit were denied??

Randy

7. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Thanks for all you input,

Any more storys out there?

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Home Depot doesn't offer credit - GE does (Monogram).

Same for Loews- it's issued by Monogram.

And no, you can't use your Home Depot card in a Loews.

I was sent a pre-approved 5 years post-BK. Limit was 1,250 when they sent it in 1999 - now it's 12,000.

The terms for the "regular" charges SUCK (21.something) but the "Major Purchase" at 15% isn't too horrible.

I like their 0% offers.