Citibank MC into Sears MC?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by milavant, Aug 2, 2003.

1. milavant

milavant Well-Known Member

I wonder if Citibank will allow people who already have one of their cards to convert it into a Sears Mastercard, once Citibank takes over ? Also, the Sears Premier Rewards program on their Mastercard currently costs $25 a year (after the first year). Maybe Citibank will include it for free? I shop a lot at Sears.

I currently also have a Sears Premier store card. Any thoughts on whether Citibank might upgrade current store cards to Mastercards? It only has a $4000 limit. My Citibank Platinum Select Mastecard has a $13,300 limit. Maybe I can combine the two cards for $13,700? Also, Citibank tends not to do "Gold." They are a platinum player. Maybe the new product will be a Sears Citibank Platinum Select Mastercard?

Any thoughts on what Citibank might do on all of the above? Anyone else have the same concerns about Sears credit card products?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEARS was "UPGRADING" store cards to the M/C and giving people 20 times what they had on the store card!!!

That would be real nice for me...>$100,000!!!

CITIBANK vs SEARS...WHO KNOWS???

SEARS IS OVER 100 YEARS OLD AND IS KNOWN AROUND THE WORLD...THEY MIGHT NOT DUMP THE "SEARS" NAME ON THE CARDS...

I don't have any idea if they will be INTERCHANGEABLE either...

"IF" they are INTERCHANGEABLE...I might change the SEARS store card to a CITIBANK PLATINUM SELECT card with member since "1979"...then later COMBINE WITH MY OTHER PLATINUM SELECT...or just keep both...

BUT "IF" I lose the SEARS STORE CARD...I LOSE THE 10% OFF DAYS AND 0.00% FOR 6-12 MONTHS...OR WHAT EVER THE OFFER IS...