Sample Letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by morenita, Apr 5, 2007.

1. morenita

morenita New Member

Hello, I am new and am needing to see the list of sample letter for a verification I would like to send out to Gallager Basset, they are disibility co. that said they overpaid me in disibitlity, which they did not. I went to the main credit talk page, but I no longer see the "sample letters" prompt?
    Do I need to get the letter notorized once I am ready to send it and do I send it to the ca or the oc?

2. collectman

collectman Well-Known Member

«Your Name»
    «Address1»
    «Address2»
    «City», «State» «Zip»

«Company»
    «Address1»
    «Address2»
    «City», «State» «Zip»

«Date»

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditorâ??s Name

Dear Sir/Madame:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is being disputed. This is a request for validation made pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Please complete and return the attached disclosure request form.

Be advised that I am not requesting a "verification" that you have my mailing address, I am requesting a "validation;" that is, competent evidence that I have some contractual obligation to pay you.

You should also be aware that sending unsubstantiated demands for payment through the United States Mail System might constitute mail fraud under federal and state law. You may wish to consult with a competent legal advisor before your next communication with me.

Your failure to satisfy this request within the requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act will be construed as your absolute waiver of any and all claims against me, and your tacit agreement to compensate me for costs and attorney fees.

Sincerely,

«Signature»

You can find more letters on the main screen under SAMPLE LETTERS.

3. BellaRuss

BellaRuss Well-Known Member

You are asking about validation of debts, which governs CA's and their attorneys, not OC's. So the letter above, if it is appropriate, is intended for CA's and their attorneys only.

OC's are not bound by Debt Validation laws, only CA's and Junk Debt buyers (including their agents, AKA attorneys).

It would help if you included some details of the letter you received.

4. Gnolknarf

Gnolknarf Active Member

What laws are the OC's bound by?

5. cajun1969

cajun1969 Well-Known Member

Oc's are usually regulated by both the federal and each individual states version of the unfair/deceptive trade practices.You should check your state of residence for additional laws that may assist you. The letter you would need is a verification letter,not a validation letter since they would have no reason to comply with it.There is a sticky at the top of the page noting sample letters. I would simply write a letter giving identifying info so they know who you are requesting a complete payment history of what they have paid you on your claim from start of service. Send it certified return receipt.