To: LKH Re: Junum success and ...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi LKH,

I hope all is well with you.

After round 2 with Junum, I only had:

3 negs on EX
    3 negs on EQ
    2 negs on TU

In March I got "round 3" response letters back from TU and EQ telling me that there were no further deletions as the disputed items had already been verified. I accepted this.

However, I never heard from Experian. As you know I don't like to talk with their crafty little reps. However, at the 45 to 60 day interval, I called twice anyway. I controlled the conversation(s). As in - I asked the questions. Not the Experian reps.

Those reps swore up and down that they had never received a dispute letter from me in March ( Junum's 3rd round).

Yesterday, I received an Experian report , I ordered thru EX Credentials which I belong to.

The good news is that one (1) of the 3 EX negs is gone. As you know, all of my remaining negs ( was 8 now is 7) are BK discharged credit card accounts. These, in my opinion, are hard to get rid of especially when the deleted item had supposedly been verified twice before.

My credit looks like this now:

2 negs on EX
    3 negs on EQ
    2 negs on TU

Hurrah for Junum!!! Especially since I ceased being their client in May.

Now the bad news - One (1) good retail account dating back to the 1980's that had survived my BK has disappeared. However, I am hopeful that since I use the account regularly, it will reappear. If it doesn't reappear on it's own, I'll have it put back in via the lender.

I don't know if this story is strategy or just a comedy of errors??.

Anyway, Junum deleted 14 total negatives on my 3 CRA reports in 3 rounds. They did good work.

How are you making out? Sorry for my somewhat long winded post but I wanted to provide you with as much info as possible since you are still with Junum. It must be close to 100 days since round 3 began for me, and I just now found out about the additional deletion on my own.

Best wishes - Jim

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Way to go Jim! or Junum! or Jimnum! Anyway your better off now and looking good. Congrats.

-Dave

3. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Please tell me how has your beacon score been affected by those deletions..By how much did your credit score increase..I have 9 things I would atleast try and delete off my credit report..I am sitting here contemplating if Junum is worth it ? Thanks

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave!!

Give Junum the credit. I know that LKH and NanaC have done even better with the deletion totals than I have.

But that good account disappearing would be disturbing to me if I were still a Junum client because others here have been reporting similar things.

This has been a quiet few days here on the board. No Cnot trouble. Maybe, I better keep quiet while the getting is good. - LOL

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Dinob12!

Dino, I am at my office and my records are at home. I will see if I can locate some of my data at home to respond back to you.

I believe that Beacon is Equifax and I may not have as much info for you as I would on Experian. Either way you will get a answer probably tomorrow.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting a new score since I had some major removals this last round (old CC that were on bk and one collection that was not in my name so was easy to remove) but I think I'll wait till after closing..then I'll let you all know! :)

I stand at 24 deletions if I'm counting right..hubby is at 9 now!

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Jim, How goes everything? I can tell you the reason Junum got me more deletions than you was because I had way more negatives than you. I ant even tell you what round I am on now that they dispute every 2 weeks. Probably 5 or 6, but the going is getting tough. So far - 19 deletions. I should be getting a TU update soon and an Equifax in the next 2 weeks. You have done a great job on your repair. I don't know if I would even bother with whats left as it doesn't seem to affect you getting credit? Good luck. I'll let you know about Lex as soon as I hear something.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response LKH!

I appreciate that you will keep us updated about Lex. I really pay attention to the Lexington posts by you Lex clients.

Good luck with Junum and Lex. If anything else comes up that I think might interest you, I will let you know.

Jim

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Nana,

When you get a new score, I am sure Dino would enjoy knowing some details. As I recall, you are a Colorado/Texas credit consumer.

Here in CA, I have watched my Experian score rise and fall over time but not the EQ Beacon score because so few lenders use EQ where I live.

As to your deletions - WWOOWW!! and CONGRATS!

I believe that you also left Junum after 3 rounds? If you join Lex or a similar company - Keep us posted and educated like LKH, DaveLV, Nave etc. are doing.

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Dino,

I am sorry that I have no information for you as I only checked my EQ Beacon score once - April 2001.

You might want to post a general question about Beacon scoring as a new thread. Perhaps, some members who have used EQ more extensively can assist you.

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'll tell you something, my equifax score was like 565 with 11 baddies. I got it down to one charge off and one collection, now my score is 573 :)

It only takes one or two baddies to ruin your day!

I'll keep you guys updated. I paid the bad check, and work on the bofA chargeoff soon. If I can get those off my score should skyrocket. Im going to let junum fight the rest!

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, my score dropped 20 points on EQ because they are erroneously showing a bk13 item as a late (with a balance instead of "included in bk)..however....I have the documents to show they were part of the bk13 so should be fairly easily fixed..I say should be...my other reason was inquiries..i now have 2 because of mortgage..so that's it..:) Sad to see it dropped but feel confident I can get it fixed!

13. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

You'll be able to get it fixed Nana. But better still, your mortgage showing up on your CR will likely raise it by itself in the next few months.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, Hope! What a happy thought! Thanks!~