Approved!! Home Depot & Mobil !!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Jul 1, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I called the credit dept at Home Depot / Monogram Bank. I told them I wanted a Home Depot Card and what was min fico. I was transfered to Executive Credit Offices. They told me during the summer months it is easy to get fico above 600 only required. Home owners are approved with only a 580 and above.

Well it's true I applied online and was approved for 3000.00 line of credit. Also they said I was approved for a Mobil / Exxon Card to. I clicked on yes to accept. Now I have both!!!! 1 inquiry for (2) cards great !!!!

BTW my fico score is 615 with (3) collections.

Apply online it works!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

2. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

3. Rob

Rob Active Member

Does anyone know what Credit report home depot and mobil pull?

* Rob *

zxccv

4. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Home Depot pulls experian. I have a 624 (my worst one) but thought I'd take a chance. Got the ole 'we'll mail you an answer'. Bummer for me.

5. Rob

Rob Active Member

nursie you still might get it, your probally right at for the cut off. keep us informed. I am going to try it since my experion is my best one at 690, we will see.

* Rob *

6. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I had a friend apply and she was approved for both. Credit Limit was 1000.00 but she was approved for both.

Her fico score last month was 595. She has a ton of medical collections! She is not a home owner, but she said she was on the application form on the internet.

Bam Approved!!!!

Hope this helps....

7. kbadeaux

kbadeaux Member

This is very interesting....My husband has "good" credit (depends on the cra agency)--we've spent the past 6 weeks "cleaning" up inaccuracies on equifax--there were only two that we disputed (one of which was deleted and the other had the description changed); but two new additions were added (3-5 years ago) which are out-and-out lies(we have the paperwork to prove it). I have no credit history in the States as I moved here from Canada two years ago (no credit history is worse than bad credit history as I've come to find out).

Anyway, we bought ourselves a house last week and were approved for a mortgage (fha with down payment assistance grant, 5.5% ARM). We walked into home depot this past Saturday to apply for a line a credit of $3000 and we were turned down--we'll get a letter in the mail explaining.

When the mortgage people did the credit check, his scores were 600 for equifax (when he had requested a copy a month prior to the deletions and additions it was 623), 679 for Experian and 665 for TU. Experian was his highest so it's rather interesting that he was turned down (yes, I joined as a co-borrower). Our combined income far exceeds the debt-income ratio.

We'll just keep saving and paying cash (I'm sure credit companies hate to hear that phrase).

8. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Well I just couldn't resist. All of the post seemed positive regarding this credit card, so I just applied on line. Me too...approved for $ 1,000.00. I wasn't asked though if I wanted a Exxon/Mobil card. I guess the system somehow recognized that I already had one. Geez I wish they would have given me a higher line of credit. Well, I will just have to work it.

This is fun. Any other potentially easy cards to obtain?

9. MrBadFico

MrBadFico Active Member

Were these instant aprovals or did you guys have to wait 7 days???

10. $wealth$

MrBadFico,

I received an instant approval online. The message stated "Congratulations! You are now one of The Home Depot's cardholder". The message also listed my account number and credit line.

11. brad

brad Well-Known Member

$WEALTH$,try Target,they give anyone with a pulse a card,with on-line instant approval,and this fall the cards will have Visa privlidges.

12. $wealth$

Brad,

I applied for Target about 3 weeks ago. Received instant approval with $500.00 credit line.

Any others?

13. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Which report does Target pull?

14. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I called today, I told Monogram I needed a larger line of credit than I was instantly approved for. They increased me by 500.00 more.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If your fico is low I would try this card. They are just like the target card.

15. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I was turned down by home depot a few months back. I was a home owner, and my FICO at the time was about 670.

16. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Summer time they lower the fico score requirements. I was told this by the Executive Offices before I applied. They are running a special now no payments or intrest for 1 year. Approval is very easy!!!!

Hope this helps...

17. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Just applied and got the message that you will be notified in 7-10 days.

Oh well another wasted hard inquiry.

Best regards,
    Sam

18. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

JustMe,

Do you mind providing the number to Monogram, the one that you have been calling?

TIA
    SuzyQ

19. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Bummer!!!!

I got this same response. I was hoping it didn't mean a definite denial.

I know my score is above 580 and I am a homeowner!!!!

20. kbadeaux

kbadeaux Member

Well my husband called Home Depot credit on Wednesday (been stewing about the denial for four days). Turns out that the counter clerk called in part of the information wrong and that the person on the other end of the line entered part of the information wrong. We got approved (that instant) for $7500 line of credit!

Didn't try for the card because the interest is outrageous.