Only in America

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Reshod, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I am absolutely amazed at the number of people who continue to post about their credit situations at a time like this.

We are talking about human lives, it could have been you or even me.

Please, take the time out, to reflect and dwell on this horrific lose of life.

Credit will be there tomorrow and the day afterwards.

Please......Please,

concentrate on those who need us.

Do your part, for I as a citizen and a former soldier will do mine.

God Bless us ALL

2. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Listen...MY mother lives and works in NY......I have taken time out all day long and said many prayers and continue to reflect......I just posted about credit, so I guess I must be heartless....please be open minded and realize that some people deal with things in different ways....we WILL overcome this...That is what makes this country what it is....This is a trajedy and tomorrow is a new day, a step closer to a brighter tomorrow.....I am an optimist.....

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I understand your situations. Does this mean that you are heartless? NO

I will not post my further comments!!! I will leave it at THAT!!!!

4. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Thank you

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I noticed that 3 posts related to the tragedy attracted by far the most replies. But I was a bit surprised that so many credit posts were made.

Some people implied they were sick of thinking about it, and wanted more commonplace posts to cheer them up.

While I respect all positions, I think it won't be "business as usual" for a long time. For all we know, there could be major changes in the credit markets. Not to mention major changes in our values and lifestyles. We do need to think about life and death, about other people who suffer and die, and about this great nation of ours. Thanks for reminding us.

6. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Reshod,life goes on.thats what makes America great

7. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I have sat here and thought all about it and shead some tears for the familys that are expeirencing these difficult times..I am new to this forum and have made s few posts..,But if i just sit here and do nothing i will go crazy..I did the best i could.I cant give blood but atleast i donated a few bucks.What more can i do??

8. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Still, this is a tragic event, possibly more so than Pearl Harbor. It is something of such a massive scale, many people can't begin to comprehend or react to the events. Everyone just needs to take a monent out of their lives and pray. True, tomorrow is another day, but those who died innocent need our prayers. God Bless you all.

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Talk about a massive scale. An official estimated that 200 firefighters died in New York, largely due to the collapse of the buildings.

Now these are people who knew they would have to risk their lives sometime. But to lose so many lives at once, using up all their courage and skill at once, is really inexpressibly sad.

For some very moving pictures of the tragedy, check out the Photo Gallery at WashingtonPost.com. For non-entertainment purposes only. I saw an Arab I know today (from Kuwait) and he was laughing about the whole thing. "Great attack, huh?"

10. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Things will be return to some form of normality someday, till then lets help the less fortunate.

11. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I'm in software sales. My company is based in Boston and we had people flying out of there yesterday, including our CEO, a truly good guy. After several hours, we finally got everyone accounted for. Of course, I had no intention of making any sales calls of any sort. I was somewhat surprised when I received a couple of inquiries via e-mail. But, at the same time, I understand. Sometimes, you just gotta keep busy, and that's what they were doing. So I sent brief replies to both inquiries. I'll deal with them in depth later. Not now.