Unleash the Dogs of War

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Hal, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I may be in the minority in my opinion of this, but I am resolved that we should respond to yesterday's cowardly acts of terrorism with maximum force.

I am not speaking of random, selective strikes, done in the heat of retaliation. I am resolved that we need to find the responsible parties and the country that is providing them safe harbor and put down the hammer of God on these people.

For too long we have tried to portray a "just" face to the world when we have been subjected to acts of terrorism - From the Marine Barracks in Beirut to the military flight which was bombed over Lockerbie Scotland to the most recent embassy attacks. We have given the impression that we are not willing, as a country to act agressively and with strength to defend our citizens.

We too often fail to hold responsible the governments which shelter and support these yellow bellied terrorists and we do so in the name of being just and diplomatic. The end of the cold war has made us appear soft and vulnerable.

Now is the time for decisive action. We need to send a message to the world that we will not be subjected to these acts of terrorism.

We were a sleeping giant, awakened once by Japan, and we sent the world a message that we were capable and willing to wipe the agressors from the face of the planet if they chose to continue their agression. It goes without saying that Japan has not taken an agressive posture with us, or anyone else since.

Now the sleeping giant has awakened again - I sincerely hope we send the world a message that we will not be terrorized.

I am retired Military, and like most fighting men I abhor war - but I know our Military is more than willing to dispense the appropriate, agressive, and hard justice this situation merits.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am a former Vietnam Veteran myself. I know you are not in the minority this time, like we were during that war. I think, must people do side with a full force retaliation. I hope we will wake up and act and I think we will.

3. TommyC

TommyC New Member

America is looking over its shoulder for the culprit, when the enemy lies within its borders and that is a very frightening reality that America needs to acknowledge. I too was once a solider and I bear witness that the enemy doesn't need cover, because the enemy is within and there is no undermining its determination, because any enemy that does not fear tomorrow, that is, its own eventful death, is an enemy more powerful, than the thought of death!
    How can we as former soliders or citizens, fight an enemy that does not fear death? You take the element of death out of the equation in conquering our enemy, and you bring forth the thought of life. If, your solider or citizen, harbors the thought of living another day, then you harvest doubt in the mind of that solider or citizen. When you go against an enemy who relishes your death, as well as their own death, then you have created something beyond anything capable of being destroyed, unless you accept your inevitable destruction in your pursuit of it. This is a very harsh reality for most Americans, including myself. So, who will fight for our revenge? Who will destroy the enemy, without themselves being destroyed? I am prepared to do what little I can and encourage all patriots to do what they may. TommyC

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

There is a general feeling that an enemy that does not fear death cannot be intimidated by the threat of death.

However, remember, the Japanese were very much the same. They held the kamikazee mentality that dying for the emperor would lead them to paradise - this is not far from what the fanatical muslims believe. Despite their belief in this - the massive power and destruction that reigned down upon them quickly led them to surrender.

If these fanatics and the countries protecting and hiding them want to see the larger and more powerful hammer of God unleashed upon them - so be it.

5. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Declare war on all Terrorist....they must be stopped, not only for the senseless destruction of so many innocent people yesterday.....but for the destruction and devastation they have reeked on innocent people around the world.

Zero tolerance for terrorist! They must be stopped, just as the world knew that Hitler had to be stopped!

Yesterday was a sad sad day, but the power of millions of people's prayers are with all those who suffered at the hands of these madmen....may the power of millions stop them!

"United We Stand, Divided we Fall", May God Bless America and her people.