Got my Aadvantage card today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SD, Dec 24, 2001.

1. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Just received my card in the mail. I haven't called to activate it yet. I was wondering how I should go about having my APR reduced since I'm currently at Prime + 9.90 and think that's a bit high. Even my Cap One cards are lower (13.9%). Has anyone had any success in having the APR lowered after just receiving the card? Should I wait a few months?

I was also thinking of transferring my Providan balances over if Citi offered a nice rate... Any advice?

TIA

By the way, I had applied for the Gold right after I found out I was approved for the silver, but they said wait 90 days before applying again. So I didn't listen and tried again. I don't mind the inquiries since Citi checks Experian and I can easily have those inquiries removed...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BEFORE YOU ACTIVATE IT...trade it for the PLATINUM SELECT...ask for the 0.00% for 9 months with a "GO-TO" PRIME + 1.90% or 2.90%...DON'T ACCEPT HIGHER THAN 12.99%...

3. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

My Citi Platinum Select at--> 10.99%
    Citi-Platinum Dividend at--->12.99%

I wonder if its possible to reduce lower?

Herman

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT WILL COST YOU NOTHING TO TRY.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Herman,

I think you can get lower rates for your Citibank cards and here is the rate for my Citibank Cards.

1. Click Citi Platinium Select 7.15%

2. Sony Card Platinium Select 10.40%

3. Citibank Dividend Platinium Select 9.4%

Ron.

6. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Thanks Ron,

I'll waited them out for the time moment, I own $0.00 on both cards.

In these past few weeks, Citi's being very aggressive of sending those 3.99% balance transfers for the life of the balance which is great, but then, I have $0.00 to transfer with.

Hi GEORGE,

It'll cost a HIT on my credit report, no thanks, LOL.

Herman

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Reduction in interest rate = INQUIRY????

WHY???

HOW ARE YOU APPLYING FOR NEW CREDIT???

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Herman,
    They have been sent me 5.99%bt offers for both Citibank Dvidends cards and AT&T Universal Cards. I don't have any money to owe this time . Just like today, Capital One lower my Kmart Mastercard to 9.9% fixed if I have any balance transfer. The offers is good but I don't owe any money. P paid off my credit card monthly.

Ron.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,

Reduction may not be inquiry.

Credit line increase may be inquiry in your credit report.

Ron.

10. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Hi GEORGE,

Surely, if you ask anything from Citibank to do you a favor wherever whether it's a CL or reduction, they infact, take a look at your risk first before making a decision, it happen to me.

Herman

11. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I have had my rates decreased on every card I got, to prime plus 3.99, and they never pull a credit report.

12. zip

zip Well-Known Member

I just recieved my silver advantage.I applied for it because they would not give me an increase on my plat card.What should I combine it with?? I also have the citi gold too.

13. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Thanks Ron,

I mostly used my DMB Platinum, it's my best card with a 3.99% Promo...GO-TO 8.99% fixed APR.

I do get embarass of using it even though it not a subprimer to me, after all it's a subprime bank.

Herman

14. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Hi zip,

Combine Silver+Gold to Platinum
    Combine Platinum---> Citi Dividend Platinum
    All in one...
    After 6 months, apply again...
    Capable of reaching 20K to 50K and so on....

Herman

15. zip

zip Well-Known Member

Thanks Herman, I will do that. I have a higher limit on the gold too.--Merry Christmas to all!!

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Herman,

I heard DMB a lot of bad things from the web and I stayed from them. About a year ago they bought out Exxon Mastercard from GE and I cancelled the account. Early this year, I reoprned the account because the Associates bought the account from DMB.

Ron.

17. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Ron,

Metris DMCCB issued bankcard to high risk consumers. Apparently, they belong to the sub-subprime catagory.

My 22 months of relationship with them so far been positivity disregard 90% members had horrible experience and extremely unpleasant with them.

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep a close in observation.

Herman

18. ng

ng Well-Known Member

I have had a DMB card for years.
    Never a problem with them
    Their customer service is always very courteous.

I have nothing good to say for HRS they are treacherous.

My .02

19. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Called and had my Silver AAdvantage changed to Platinum Select. Asked about a BT offer and she said that once I receive my card, I should call in to find out what they may be offering (I guess a different dept?). Anyway, checked the Citi website to see what the regular APR is and it's currently going for Prime + 12.99%!! That's higher than the Silver Aadvantage! I guess I will wait until I receive the card and take it from there. Thanks for your help.

20. ljones4521

ljones4521 Well-Known Member

How can you easily have the inquiries removed?