1 coll + 1 utility + 1 inquiry = 19

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Andrew, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Just got back my Experian dispute results from 1/30/02.

Deleted:

1 paid collection account, utility $18.00.
    1 late pay utility account.
    1 hard inquiry

My score rose 19 points!!! My credit still stinks, but I'm getting better! Next stop, 600ville...

2. milkmom

milkmom Well-Known Member

Great job!!! Is there anything specific that you used to get rid of the late pay for the utility? I am in that fight right now to get a couple of late pays off that weren't even late. I went on a bill plan and since they didn't bill me right, and even though I made the payments that I was supposed to each month, they would take me off of the plan then then say I was late because the plan started 2 or 3 months prior. I really would appreciate any special strategies that you used.

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

milkmom,

I wish I had a secret strategy to share, but all I did was dispute as "never late". Sometimes it seems persitence is the name of the game.

Good luck and keep going!

4. milkmom

milkmom Well-Known Member

Darn it. My evil is foiled; there is no credit strategy!! lol Oh well. I am going to keep disputing it over and over again and hopefully it will come off. Thanks

5. Goaldriven

Goaldriven Well-Known Member

What happened with your late pay utility account?

6. frencheese

frencheese Well-Known Member

i'm confused...i read someplace that utilities weren't allowed to report to the CRA's...is this incorrect?

briana

7. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

they do in wisconsin.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

i'm confused...i read someplace that utilities weren't allowed to report to the CRA's...is this incorrect?
    frencheese

*-*-*-*-**--***---=====
    Any thing but

9. cibomatto

cibomatto Well-Known Member

congrats,,.