Bummed re: Citi Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ozzyburger, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Ozzyburger

Ozzyburger Well-Known Member

I got 4 inquiries from doing the BDD with Citi. Wrote them to ask if 3 of them could be removed since I only got 1 card (technically I do have one Citi card in my possession since doing the BDD). Figured it was worth a shot, as the main reason on my TU report is now 'too many inquiries'.

Get a letter back today saying that they can't remove them. Nothing more. Well, at least they replied to my letter.

When I was doing the BDD, their website was screwy. I'd submit the app. and then it would take forever... and then just say it couldn't be processed at this time, try back later. So I did... hence the 4 inquiries (All on different days even though I applied within 1 day).

Was told that the only way they can remove the inquiries is if fraud was involved.

So between Sears ridicules inquiry and 4 Citi inquires, in the span of 1 week I have 5 inquiries, resulting in 1 card. Peachy.

=-(

Ozzy.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISPUTE THEM AS DUPLICATE...TRIPLICATE...QUADRUPLICATE

Please remove 3...(with the CRA)

3. Ozzyburger

Well, what the heck.. it's worth a try. Thanks, George!

Ozzy.

4. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Ozzy,

This happened to me too this past December. I called and spoke to rep who gave me two addresses to write regarding the multiple inquiries.

One was their legal department and if I remember correctly the other was their presidential offices.

Figuring I had a 50/50 chance, I wrote to both. It took a whille, but I did receive a response from each stating they would remove the additional inquiries, but leave one. Luckily for me, the one didn't know what the other was doing, & I got all 4 inquiries removed.

It's early in the a.m. now, but if I can find those addresses after my morning java, I will post for you.

Good luck!

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

If you can find those addresses, that would be great!!

6. $wealth$

I found one...the other address I will look up when I get home.

Citibank
    Office of the General Counsel
    701 East 60th Street, North
    Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6034

Phone - 605-331-1567
    Fax - 605-330-6745

In my letter I stated my application resulted in 4 inquires.

Hope this helps.

7. $wealth$

Second Address....

Citibank
    Office of the President
    PO Box 6000
    Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6000

8. Ozzyburger

$wealth$ - thanks so much for taking the time to list both addresses - I truly appreciate it! I will give it a try and let ya know what happens!

Ozzy.