Who do I serve for EQUIFAX LAWSUIT!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by arobinson, Feb 28, 2002.

1. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

I filed a lawsuit against Equifax on January 29,2002. My summons was returned today unserved. I listed Thomas Chapman, CEO as the recipient.

My court requires that I list someone, or they consider it improper service.

I do not have a local affiliate, MD residents deal with Equifax directly in GA.

Anybody who can help me with the persons name...

Please!!!!!

Arthur

2. ng

ng Well-Known Member

Ask Christie

3. mindcrime2

mindcrime2 Well-Known Member

Does Thomas Chapman not exsist? I wonder how it could come back unserved.

4. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

I got the letter from the court it says

The summons you requested for the above nmed defendant has been returned unserved on February 19, 2002.
    Green card signed by another

(but if the card was signed, then the suit must have been served) I sent certified mail.

I have to call the court tomorrow, does this mean the lawsuit was served to EQ, but that Mr. Chapman did not personally sign for it..

the document from the court was really vague, I will have to wait, but just in case, I need the name of the person in legal.

Thanks,

Arthur

5. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

In Texas you have to serve a registered agent for a corporation..so I'm not much help.

6. Smitty

Smitty Well-Known Member

Check with your state's Secretary of State website. In GA, ours has a database with almost every company's "Registered Agent". That's the person you would send the summons to. For example... WFNNB is located in Colorado, but they have a RA here in Roswell (N. Atlanta). The reason your summons came back is because the chairman of a corporation is technically not the one responsible for your problem (per se). The actual organization is. So, the law requires you to send the summons to the companies "representative" ... the RA.

To make things easy for you, here's their registered agent in Baltimore:

THE PRENTICE-HALL CORPORATION
    11 E. CHASE ST.
    BALTIMORE MD 21202

Check this to be sure. But now you have to take my spelling test for me next week!

Smitty
    If you don't like the way PsychoDoc drives, stay off your porch!