OK....i've figured out a plan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I am NOT applying for ANYTHING. I have 2 inquiries on Equifax that will remain even after the settlement. I'll let those age a few months (from December). The inquiries on Experian I will dispute for the next 6 months.

I have closed First Premier and FCNB, I will let those update to -0- balance, paid as agreed and closed by consumer.

I will have 2 small medical collections on EQ from '95 & '96 that are paid for $45 & $46. I will have 2 Capital One R-5's from '98 & '99.

The remaining collection accounts remain on EQ ONLY because the attorney is a jack ass, but I'm suing the collection agency Monday, if they don't delete and fax me a deletion letter and UDF by 8:30 AM C.S.T. Monday. Faxed all that to them this afternoon.

Most of my charges have been on Generations Bank (hidden debt). So I will be showing SF $7500 and BoA $8800 limits with NO balance. I will use these and pay them for 6 months.

Come September I will apply for MBNA, Target & Target Visa and AMEX. Never again for CHASE.

Does this sound sensible? I've figured this out so I can quit stressing over this credit BS!!

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan! You're right on target -- lay off for a few months. (Your scores are going to sail upward over the next 12 months anyway.)

Try sending a nutcase letter to Cap One. It may not work, but what the hell.

Doc

3. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Doc,

Thanks for the encouragement, I need it right now..lol. You do recognize the OCD symptoms right? Do you have a link to the nutcase letter? I never needed it because I never had anything paid that wasn't deleted. Also are you sure the scores will go up? I figured with new accounts they would go down. Thanks again :)

I'm gonna get some zyprexa or buspar tomorrow...just kiddin'

4. neosmatrix

neosmatrix Well-Known Member

Christi,

Ive read that you have worked really hard on your credit repair and i hope i can do as well as you but dont let this consume you. Ive just started repairing my credit and my wife just informed me that this is now consuming me and i should just step back take a deep breathe and relax. You will be rewarded in time...

So i say to you step back relax and you will be rewarded...

P.S. go out and buy your hubby something. LOL

5. KK

KK Well-Known Member

Christi,

You are doing great and your plan should work just fine.
    Thanks for sharing what you have been doing.

KK

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Christi, here's a link to the original nutcase letter with rationale:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=125081#post125081

However, I've updated the letter below to include a reference to the recent Nelson case. The revised nutcase letter follows. Have it notarized for that "I've just been to the lawyer's office" look, and send it certified mail with return-receipt requested.

Doc

--------------------------------------------------

Date

Name of Old Fully-Paid Acquaintance
    Address
    City, STATE ZIP

To Whom It May Concern:

I am formally requesting that you validate all tradeline notations you have submitted to the three major credit reporting agencies by â??NAME OF COLLECTION AGENCYâ? or â??NAME OF ORIGINAL CREDITORâ? for me, YOUR NAME, for account number XXXXXXXXX.

Due to possible inaccuracies in these CRA reports, I must demand that the validation I hereby lawfully request be in the form of a notarized statement by a person with original knowledge of the debt as it was constituted and who can testify that the debt was incurred legally, was not subsequently disputed as a result of returned, faulty, or recalled consumer products, was not utilized as a profit-loss tax deduction during the period it may have been payable, and was not claimed as a loss with any insuring entity during the period it may have been payable. Please be advised that I am not requesting a verification that you have my mailing address; rather, I am requesting validation, i.e., competent evidence that I had some contractual obligation sans consumer protection encumbrance which incurred the original claims associated with this tradeline. Note that section 1681s-2(b) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act creates a cause of action for a consumer against a furnisher of erroneous credit information (Nelson v. Chase Manhattan).

I have enclosed two documents which will verify my address: a photocopy of a [YOUR STATE] Driverâ??s License and a photocopy of a recent [NAME OF UTILITY OR TELEPHONE COMPANY] statement.

Please know that you have 30 days from the tracked and confirmed delivery of this lawful notice to either answer these demands or to remove the associated negative tradeline notations from the CRA reports. Any other action may constitute evidence of your intent to abridge one or more civil or other constitutional rights. Please be further advised that continued unsubstantiated reporting of possible inaccuracies to third parties may provide a basis for criminal complaints being filed in accordance with FDCPA, FCRA, and other federal statutes.

I look forward to a timely and amicable resolution to this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Your Name
    Address
    City, STATE ZIP

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Great Letter! I may sound like a broken record, but has anyone used this on NCO and company?