Equifax update - should I sue?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Apr 2, 2002.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I am really upset. I spoke to an Equifax person last week to check the status of my request to merge my four profiles. She told me it was complete, and they were merged into one. Two were under my correct name, 2 were under an incorrect name (They replaced the first character of my first name with a different character).

Yesterday, I received the updated reports (yes, still more than 1 report) They say they have corrected my name. Corrected my ass! They say they corrected it to be the wrong name. And there are still multiple profiles. These are dated 3/25. I pulled a score power report on 3/31 and this one has my correct name. So there are still at least 3 profiles.

I don't understand why they refuse to correct the problem. Every time I write them, they make the problem worse or ignore my request.

Can I sue them? What would I sue them for?

Do I send them another letter and indicate it is the last letter before I sue, or tell them I intend to sue or what?

If I sue, do I sue them myself, or should I have an attorney?

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

They did this to me last year too. Since they couldn't even get my name right after 4 or 5 tries,
    I disputed the contents of my entire credit report and made them verify every entry. They got my name right then!!!

3. kittiekat3

kittiekat3 Well-Known Member

Good for you Jamie!!

They are so pathetic.... When I spoke with someone there today, they sounded like a robot, monotone... and when i asked for his name he told me Chris... "Chris, do you have a last name??" He said "no". Guess robot chimps don't have last names!!

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Morons they are! I requested an updated copy March 6. Just an update, I didn't dispute anything. How hard can that be? Still havent' got it. TU deleted an item for me and provided an update 1 week after my request. Geez, Maybe they'll go over the 30 days and I can sue them too. LOL

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I could do that, but it will still be with multiple profiles. I just want 1.

This sucks so bad.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the CHIMPS...3/4 the stuff would never get done...

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE CHIMPS DO MORE WORK THAN THE PEOPLE!!!

:)