Chase Combine?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Jun 9, 2002.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Should I combine my 2 CHASE cards, or just leave the CHASE WAL*MART M/C "EMPTY"...
    AT 11.73% it's NOT usable...(9.90% BT is NOT going to return...I can BT @ 11.73%...NOT!!!

Other card is CHASE VISA PLATINUM...

I can have one VISA PLATINUM at $11,500 and close the WAL*MART M/C...

...or just leave the WAL*MART M/C EMPTY for DEBT TO CREDIT LIMIT RATIO...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...MORE, the CHASE PLATINUM card has good BT'S 8.99% and lower...I had as low as 1.99% (I think)...

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

George- I dont' think they will combine those accounts- check with the customer service folks.

The site says "Competitive annual percentage rate that can be as low as Prime plus 3.99%* for purchases" -- that's 8.74 today.

Remember, if you take them up on a cheap BT, the card has to go in the drawer, as your payments will go 100% towards the low-rate portion of the account (i.e. spend $10 and it will accrue $.50/month interest with no payment applying against it until the other balances are paid down 1st).

I keep 2 Chase cards just for that reason - Shell for gas, rebates, and "spending" ... Visa Plat. for cheap BTs.

Good luck-
    mj

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I KNOW ABOUT LOWEST FIRST...

BOTH WERE USED ONLY FOR BT'S...

5. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

We had wanted to move part of our limit from the Chase to the Walmart Chase and they wouldn't allow that. They also indicated the Walmart Chase card isn't eligible for the Travel Rewards program.

They DID however say we could transfer the limit of the Walmart Card onto the Chase card and then close the Walmart Card.

We get great BT offers on the Chase Card, but we never have on the Walmart Card and like you, our interest rate on the Walmart Card is unusable.

We're going to try for one more request for CL increase on the Walmart and then combine and close it out.