MBNA Gold Option Loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bill B, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I got a 15k loan from them with a intrest rate of 19.99%...I never really used the account except for a couple times but paid it right back..I sent a letter via mail and noticed on statment they lowered it to 15.96%... How Sweet!

P.S
    I sent them a letter via Planet Feedback to onvert it to the mbna card but never got a responce from them.,

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M NOT AN EXPERT ON IT...but I think you have to APPLY for a MBNA CREDIT CARD, then have the credit limit from the "GOLD OPTION" transferred to your credit card account...and close the "GOLD OPTION" accoount...

3. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

bill. who did they pull....and what kind of scores did you have.

4. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

bump

5. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I applied for this and was approved a few weeks ago. I was approved for $15,000 @ 13.99%. They pulled TU and my TU score was 579. I have two accounts 3 and 4 years old(closed/paid in full) that show approx. six 30 day lates. they appear in the negative account area on the report. After applying online I called 2 days later and spoke to a credit underwriter. She asked me what I needed the loan for, I told her BT's and home improvement, and I was approved over the phone. I received my welcome package with checks within 10 days. I cashed one already and it showed in my account within 2 days. They have great account online service. Smooth as butter!

6. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

with a 579 score...wow i think i might give them a try.

7. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

That's the TU score you get online which is worthless. My EQ is 672 and EX is 671

8. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

thx tommy my scores are higher so i might have a good shot.

9. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

They sent FOUR live, blank checks to my house for the Gold option account. Problem is those checks were for the previous owner!!! They even filled-in one of the checks for $9,950 payable to "cash" with the prior owner's information!!! Lucky for all of them I have a paper shredder!!!!

10. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I got this account some time back but i know that my experian score was around 670 area..Also was approved online if my memory is correct.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got Apple Insant Loan two years ago and they approved me for $5500 with 14.99% fixed APR. I used a couple of times for writing the advance checks. They raised my credit limit to $6100 and they lowered my rate to 10.96% fixed. Recently I bought a Apple Computer on this loan and I still owe about $700 on it.

Ron.

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I converted mine into a MBNA Select rewards card. It's like 11.9% APR with 1.7% for 6 months , nothing special.

I dont even use it.