Gulfstate off report!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dimitri, Jul 9, 2002.

1. dimitri

dimitri Well-Known Member

Disputed Gulfstate as not mine with equifax, it was removed. I don't want to get too happy though, they removed it last year also, and it was reinserted a month later. I hope that it stays off now, especially that it was paid in full. Also, disputed 30 days late from orchard bank with eq and exp, both updated to never late. Things are looking a lot brighter these days.

TU- 644

Eq- 643

Exp-629

2. mindcrime2

mindcrime2 Well-Known Member

If a item on your credit report is deleted, and then re-inserted at a later date, and the CRA did not notify you within 5 days of reinsertation, they've violated the FCRA.

From the FCRA:

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(B) Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material.

(i) Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

(ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

(C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph (other than information that is reinserted in accordance with subparagraph (B)(i)).

(D) Automated reinvestigation system. Any consumer reporting agency that compiles and maintains files on consumers on a nationwide basis shall implement an automated system through which furnishers of information to that consumer reporting agency may report the results of a reinvestigation that finds incomplete or inaccurate information in a consumer's file to other such consumer reporting agencies.

So basically, you did not even need to re-dispute this Gulfstate tradeline because it was was deleted, then re-inserted, with no notice to you, plus I'm sure the CRA never received the certification from GS that the account is complete and accurate.

3. 30ftshadow

30ftshadow Well-Known Member

I found Gulfstate/OSI on TU, EQ and EXP. It was $103 from a Sprint account that was not mine. I disputed it online with TU. Within a week, I received a letter from Gulfstate that said they have closed the account and will delete it. It has been deleted on TU. I will find out in two days if it has been deleted on EXP (30th day of dispute and is now listed as pending). I haven't disputed EQ yet.

4. SLOYAROLE

SLOYAROLE Well-Known Member

THIS MAY HAVE BEEN SAID ALREADY, BUT...I THINK GULF STATE/OSI/SCUMBAGS HAVE SOME SORT OF AN AGREEMENT WITH SPRINT TO SPLIT PROFITS FROM BOGUS DEBTS. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH EVERYTIME SOMEONE MENTIONS GS/OSI AS BEING ON THEIR CR, IT INVOLVES SPRINT. FROM WHAT I'VE FOUND, MOST PEOPLE USUALLY THINK IT'S FOR LONG DISTANCE THEY FORGOT PAY WITH THEIR HOME PHONE BILL SO THEY GO AHEAD AND PAY WITH NO GRIPES. TYPICALLY, THESE BOGUS DEBTS RANGE FROM $50 TO $200. MAKING IT MORE BELIEVABLE TO PEOPLE WHO MAY THINK "MAYBE I FORGOT TO PAY FOR THAT CALL". SEEING AS THOUGH THEY NEVER VALIDATE, I HAVEN'T TALKED WITH ANYBODY WHO HAS EVER RECEIVED ANY FORM OF PAPERWORK FROM THEM REGARDING THE ALLEGED ACCOUNT. SORRY FOR RANTING. I JUST WISH I HAD ENOUGH INFO ON THEM TO TAKE 'EM DOWN. (HMMMM...THIS COULD BECOME MY NEW HOBBY.)

5. novalee

novalee Member

They popped up on my EQ and EX for AT&T $113. This was my account, but it was paid (through AT&T). I called AT&T, they said the one that was reporting as OSI - they notified them and it would be removed. They said they had no clue who Palisades was, and I should do some research on it. I told them no, they would need to take care of it, since they had obviously gotten the information from them. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was "accidentally" disconnected. Three times.

I guess my next step would be to dispute it to the CRA since they do not seem to validate. I hate this company!

(I did have a little fun when the customer service rep asked me if I was currently using AT&T - this was when I called back. I said absolutely not, I was thinking of suing you guys. May I speak with a supervisor?)