Authorized user on CC - How long?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MrTexas, Jul 18, 2002.

1. MrTexas

MrTexas Well-Known Member

If someone were to put me on as an authorized user on their CC how long would it be until I saw it on my reports? Also what percentage of the limit used is too much and would adversely affect my credit instead of boost it?

2. christi523

christi523 Well-Known Member

I added my husband to Cap1 and the next time they did their monthly reporting it was listed on his acct.(3 weeks-I think) I guess it just depends on the cc co. If you keep your balance at least 15% or lower to the limit, it is a real plus to your credit score.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...BUT, if you get a 0.00% card for like 9 months...DON'T WORRY ABOUT A SCORE "HIT" (the money you save is more important!!!)...I MAX IT OUT...but I also make a payment the day the bill is available on-line...and a second a week before the due date...(pay more than min.)

4. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

Does Home Depot report?

Does Home Depot report authorized users? Anyone know?

5. MrTexas

Re: Does Home Depot report?

Does the same account history (length of time acct has been opened, credit limit, etc) show the same as it does on the cardholders credit report?

6. MrTexas

Also (and I know no #'s are certian in this game) how much of a boost in points can I expect to see on my reports? Equifax and Experian both are hovering at or around 550. The CC I will be an authorized user on is 3+ years old, impeccable payment history and a $3K limit.

7. MrTexas

anyone?

8. mindcrime2

mindcrime2 Well-Known Member

Yes, when you make someone an AU, your account history for that particular card is completely duplicated on their report. Only exception is where yours says "I" for individual, theirs will say "AU" for authorized user.

9. Melvina

Melvina Well-Known Member

BUT - if there are any derogs prior to an individual being added as an authorized user, they cannnot be reported on the authorized's credit report.

IMO from my personal experience - this has worked with Sears and Capital One. With Sears they ended up removing all derogs from all authorized users. We'll see on Cap!

10. Mommy2cats

Mommy2cats Well-Known Member

It sounds like Sears reports AU's? My mom added me on her card almost a month ago. I'm anxiously awaiting this addition as it's extremely positive history since 1975.

Anyone who is an AU on Sears - question: How long did it take to show up?

Mommy2cats

11. Melvina

Melvina Well-Known Member

It reported on mine with the next update from Sears which was 30 days-ish.