cant get credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by daruler, Jul 20, 2002.

1. daruler

daruler Well-Known Member

i cant get any credit. my fico score is a 622 and my oldest (and only) cc acount is from 12/01
    what should i do?

2. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

There has got to be some options for that score. Are there any other reasons why you wouldn't be able to get credit?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Try Capital One.

4. daruler

i have a capital one secured card and am cosigned on a 10,000 car loan

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

What else is on your report? Are you working? If you don't meet certain income requirements it is hard - usually $15,000 annual.

Have you checked all 3 reports?

6. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

I have a 663 with 1 negative settled cc from 4-5 years ago and I get turned down for all store cards and all cc except (gag) first premier bank with all those fees.

7. daruler

yeah i work and get about that. i have a lot of inquires and a 4500 car loan pay off on my record thats all

8. cibomatto

cibomatto Well-Known Member

what credit reports are they pulling?
    Gosh Its depressing to see that getting Credit is hard in the 600s... I have nothing to look foward to

9. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

yeah i kinda thought if you were over 660 FICO you should be entering prime time.

10. daruler

i guess they're pulling all 3 but i've only checked my equifax. they send me pre approved offers all the time and they're always declined..

11. chargedoff

chargedoff Well-Known Member

I was in mid 600's and I got approved for cap1 and target visa.

12. daruler

could it be the loan is too high, or is my history too short? if i pay off the cap1 card will it be easier to get approval

13. KCPaul

KCPaul Well-Known Member

If account remains in good standing you should see an increase in December. That will be the one year anniversary of your CC, so should get a longevity boost.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You better check your other reports.

15. erik776

erik776 Well-Known Member

Building credit takes time. You might want to apply for a Target Guest card or get a secured card.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

daruler,

1. too many inqiries will do it, even if your score is over 700. Makes it look like you are in trouble.

2. You need to see what is on the other 2 reports, there may be something there you don't know about.

3. If you get a preapproval based on your Equifax report, the CCC will pull a different report - TU or Experian - when you apply.

17. TomJones

TomJones Well-Known Member

Dude, I have gotten a credit card and then increases with a sub-600 FICO. My credit union knows I value my relationship with them.. they have the best interest rates out of virtually any bank or CU.

18. daruler

i just got approved for a chevron card! its weird how i applied on sat and got approved on a saturday..oh well, how long do they take to arrive? I checked my TU score and its a 680..all the preapproved offers were through them and when they ran a hard it was TU also..oh well. I applied for target and they said wait 2-4 weeks so thats probably a no? is there any other good ones to apply for? what about walmart is it hard?
    thanks alot
    greg

19. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

I know Target usually pulls EQ? but you still have a shot there.

20. daruler

ok this is the third or fourth time i've applied for target. if they issue the guest card does it usually say 2-3 weeks? thanks