This Is Why We Check Every Day

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Quixote, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I go online this morning to look at my CR's. EQ is fine. I don't have a TU service:(. But, on EX; Arghh!!!! It's back!!! The Chevron listing has been changed back to Paid ChargeOff. I've got the letters from Chevron Directing them to delete old negative listing. I just faxed it all again. Holy smokes! My CR's are going to be pulled within the next few days for my mortgage. This could be disastrous. st time it only took two days. I hope I'm that lucky again. CE score is down 50 points instantly. Oy! Wish me luck.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That is pure b.s. I would imagine what is happening is the creditor hasn't updated their tapes and every time they report, the old info will show up. I think you need to call the oc and get them to fix it now.
    Good luck.

3. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

What a bunch of freaking low lifes.It's funny how positive tradelines that were inadvertently deleted don't ever re surface.

4. Calmest_LA

Calmest_LA Well-Known Member

I would call them right now to see if they have received your faxes. Then I would give them 24 hours to update or else you will be filing a lawsuit for damages. This is ridiculous, but it figures. We should NOT have to police our own reports, unless, of course, the credit bureaus want to pay us for doing so. Good luck.

Calmest_LA

5. Quixote

I'm doing all of the above. I have calle dan left a message for the woman I sent the Raving Lunatic Nutcase Letter to. I also sent her an e-mail. I also faxed in all the info to Experian, I am presently on hold for the last ten minutes waiting fo rone of their agents ot answer my call.

The kicker? As I looked more closely at the listing I realized it has also been re-aged. Now scheduled to stay on report until July 2009. A-flipping-mazing. Guess I gotta go nutcase on Experian now...

Here goes nothing...

6. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

EX reages constantly. I have several good accts that they've done this to and even though there good accts, it makes me crazy. I am sorry that this has happened to you. I hope that by the time you see this post the Chevron acct has been corrected.

7. Quixote

So far no luck. I called their Califiornia HQ. Their all dumber than dirt. One dipweed woman says "You coulnd't have faxed it ot us. We don't even have a fax. While I'm looking at their website which gives the fax number for that office. jeeezzzuuss.

She says verifications are handled by their Texas office so, I am on hold again to the switchboard so I can get the number to the switchboard in Texas so I can sit on hold again.

8. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Quixote-
    If it's not done by 10am tomorrow *I* would go down to the small claims courthouse get the form fill it out and tell them they have til 2pm to fix it or it gets filed.

9. Quixote

After much fuddling, I called back to the main switchboard and spoke to the woman who answered. I gave her my best "little boy lost" routine and she says, "Well it sound to me like you really need to speak to someone in the Special Consumer Services Group in Texas". "Really? Wow, that'd be neat!", sez I. She transfers me over (wouldn't give me the number) and I spoke to a very nice gentleman who assured me if I faxed it directly to him right away, he would make sure it was straightened out first thing in the morning. He's already gotten his fax. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I guess I won't know until the weekend or maybe Monday whether it has worked.

I do have a new fax number to add to our arsenal. I'll forward it to the keepers of the FAQ board. Better to have it there I think, than in here where a creepy crawly might spot it.

10. rblues

rblues Well-Known Member

Geez! What a pain.

These people just don't get a clue do they?

I hope that everything goes well for you and you find a solution!

11. Quixote

Thanks rblues (and everyone). I think I got to the right guy, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be taken care of by tomorrow morning.

12. msb212

msb212 Well-Known Member

I just had the same experience with EX. I'd love to get that fax number...

13. whyspers

whyspers Well-Known Member

Quiote, Quiote, Quiote....will you testify for me against Experian if it doesn't settle? This is what a large portion of my case is based on and is a situation that happens frequently with Experian.

Good luck!

L

14. Quixote

Check your e-mail...

15. Quixote

I will help in any way I can. Only thing is, I'm not completely sure what happened, or should I say how what happened happened. I suspect that LKH was pretty close to it, though. When I ran that scenaio past the guy at Experian, he said, "Yeah, I could see how that could happen."

PS, Can I have my 'X' back?

16. msb212

msb212 Well-Known Member

Quixote,

No email found... have you put it on the FAQ yet?

Thanks.

MSB212

17. Quixote

Well, I got an e-mail from the lady at Chevron this morning assuring me it will all be taken care of today. Said she called Experian herself and was assured it was being expedited.

Fingers crossed...

18. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

Let us know...

19. Quixote

No joy this morning. If it's not corrected when I check in Monday morning, I'll file. I may make one least call to the Experian guy to see what he has to say first.

I've already downloaded the Small Claims filing form from the Riverside County Courthouse website. I was planning on filing against Macy's this week anyway.

20. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

In my experience, expedite means 3 to 5 days. So, it may be Mon. or Tues. before it is removed. I'd sue them even if it does come off by then for the "emotional distress" this has caused.