Privista can mislead...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by denied, Aug 2, 2002.

1. denied

denied Well-Known Member

I'm probably just confused, but after ordering my actual Equifax CR, I am finding lots of things that don't jive with my weekly report from Privista.

Maybe someone can set me straight, I'm a little confused by some of these:

First, Privista doesn't show any AR inquiries on my report. Is this to hide all of the AR inquiries that come from them?

Secondly, I have AR inquiries from CB&T (ugh!) dating back as far as my inquiries go. I had an Aspire card once, but I jumped from that burning ship last summer. What permissible purpose could CB&T possibly have for looking at my report monthly all the way up to this month?

This one worries me--I can account for each of my other creditor's AR's, but what possible reason could CB&T have to monitor my file?

Further, I have inquiries that aren't prefaced by "AR" or "PRM," they show up on my CSC report, but not on Privista. Two are from Privista when I first signed up: "Escoring Corp DBA Privista," another "Harris Direct (?)." These look like hard inquiries, correct? Shouldn't Privista account for these as well--especially ones from their company...!

I have been too comfortable with Privista over the past year, taking their report as gospel. I keep tabs on EX and TU straight from the source. I need to monitor Equifax just as closely.

Anybody know about CB&T's inquiries? I don't have anything related to Columbus--only accounts I have are with MBNA, Disco, Amex, Chase, Fleet, and Chrysler Finance.

That's it for me, my Privista is paid until the end of this month, no renewals.

2. denied

denied Well-Known Member

OK. Haven't had to use it for awhile, but had to pull up my dispute letter for CSC.

After speaking with CB&T, they informed me that it is impossible for them to be looking at my credit file since I do not have an account with them.

I then casually re-mentioned the THIRTEEN account review inquiries that I have from CB&T. I inquired as to how we could go about resolving this--deleting my present inquiries, and preventing future ones.

Apparently the gatekeeper CSR didn't understand why I would want to stop these phantom inquiries. Her boss was much more informed, and had me hold for 20 minutes (long distance, no less) while she looked more extensively for any reason why they were reading my file. Still nothing.

I bet both dollars of my life savings that before my dispute is even settled, I get another CB&T inquiry.

On the lighter side, it is refreshing to dispute something besides debt.

3. frencheese

frencheese Well-Known Member

if you don't like privista...you could try credit watch..less than $60...you can check your real report and get your real score as often as you want

briana

4. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

I still have ARs from accts I closed too. I think that it might be automatic that the company checks. Don't know. Just a guess.

5. denied

denied Well-Known Member

Interesting. Even if it is automated, can a company have a permissible purpose for looking at a _former_ customer's credit file?

That'd be like my old boss checking my credit to see if I was in bad enough shape to be "lured" back.

Which, I am, but that's not the point.