WAMU VISA - Nope - Citibank.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Aug 2, 2002.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I had NOT seen ANY inquiries on any of my reports about the WAMU VISA.

Just got a letter from Citibank today -
    "Thanks you for your recent WAMU application with Citibank (South Dakota), NA. We are unable to approve your request as indicated below:

"Poor performance on your citibank account."

Our decision WAS NOT BASED on any information in your credit file. We regret that we are unable to fulfill your credit needs at this time, and hope to assist in the future."

Oh well - it didn't cost me - I believe Citibank will give me a card if I pay them $8K from 7 years back.....

aarrff - dogman

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

dogman, wow. This re-proves the point that if you go bad on Citibank they will remember. 7 years!

Best regards,
    Mirage

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Dog,
    You have to apply for a card through Citi USA (Hilton Hhonors Visa, Rainbow Card, Travelocity Card, etc). They are issued by Citi USA in Delaware and not Citibank South Dakota. Citi USA used to be Travelers Bank, and they will combine their systems later this year, but as of now, Citi USA doesn't know if you are on the Citi "blacklist". I got my Hilton Visa that way.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX Rick - I wonder if it will work...
    I'll look at them as I am Hilton Honors anyway..
    later - dogman
    Mirage - yup - they must pass that paper application
    right to that mean Citibank screener - who didn't even pull credit - hmmm.

5. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Dog,
    When you the website says it's issued by Citibank SD, but that is on paper only. It is still "administered" by Citi USA in Delaware not Citi SD in Sioux Falls. They have not combined the databases of the two separate entities. In fact, the statements look different, the payment address is in South Hackensack NJ (Citi USA) instead of The Lakes NV (Citi SD). They are still very separate, but legally I think they have combined the "name" only. Like I said, they will combine them in the near future, but as of right now....separate databases.

6. ingenue

ingenue Well-Known Member

My ATT Universal card is administered in S. Hackensack, NJ, but my paperwork says Citibank SD. Is my account being administered through Citi USA?

I made a cash advance only payment to the ATT Universal account at the address someone put up for Citi's "Exception Payment Processing".

Now I'm confuzzled.

-ingenue

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

AT&T Universal Card is managed by Citibank SD not Citibank USA.

Ron.

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Hi Dog!

Too bad about WAMU... I was thinking of trying for that one too so I'm also now disappointed...

I wonder if WAMU can override since you bank with them... I'd ask a branch manager...

If you want another "department store" card and one out of Citi... RadioShack will likely approve you for around 500, no annual fee, and an interest rate that you'll NEVER use (23 or something dumb like that).. they don't seem to have a bk filter.

the trick with Radioshack is right now if you charge 100 or more you get free 90 days financing.

SO, you if you want to charge 50.. you buy 110... wait a day, return 60... and you still get 90 days free on the $50 ;)

and it's a Citi/RS trade line so it's of Citi quality on your reports.... don't bother with the Office Max card... they have a bk filter ;)