Merrick Bank is insane

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Aug 3, 2002.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I got my Welcome to Merrick Bank letter today. My acct is still open; $9K limit, $450 balance, 18.99% rate.

They believe I'm willing to pay 29.70%, plus a prorated annual fee, and bills an extra $1 per card PER MONTH for the privilege. My limit cannot exceed $5K without their approval. The new terms, and other such crap, take effect October something.

I was willing to wait and see what they did; guess the CN experts really knew what they were talking about. My statement closes August 16th; after that my ratios are going to take a big hit. Bye Bye NextCard.

p.s. Sorry for the attitude; my mind and body are still numb :-(

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Dang......they must be out of thier freaking mind.

Sister Girl

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT WAS YOUR INTEREST RATE???

$9,000 LIMIT WITH $5,000 MAX W/O PERMISSION...SO IT IS A "FAKE" CREDIT LIMIT???

"THIS ACCOUNT MUST STAY AS IS...I AUTHORIZED NO CHANGE IN TERMS"!!!

4. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I opened my letter and nearly fell out of my chair. Same terms as yours. This is from a NextCard Account with the 9.99% APR and no annual fee. (If I wanted terms like that I'd apply for a CCB card!)

Called up and immediately closed that sucker.

5. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I feel left out.....They kept my card open but I haven't gotten any letters yet.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

whatcha want to bet Merrick will report the account as a new one and hit your scores with a "new" trade line

7. Gabriella

Gabriella Well-Known Member

Just got my letter too and I am sickened by the terms. They are the same as JacquiG's except nothing was said about my credit limit. My terms with NextCard were 14% and NO annual fee.

I expect they will get a lot of cancellation letters in the coming weeks!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CLOSE THE ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY...IF IT SHOWS UP AS A NEW ACCOUNT, DISPUTE IT..."I never accepted the new terms of this account that was sold...PLEASE REMOVE"