First Premier.....bummed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sbdmom, Aug 3, 2002.

1. sbdmom

sbdmom Well-Known Member

Hi
    I applied for a first premier My application is pending address verification which I can verify AND
    employment ..ARRGGG I stay at home with the kids...no employment. Am I screwed and unable to get this card? waaaaa !! Has any "homemaker" gotten around this ? (like hubby income verification ?) I am in california (yes I am looking for a loophole ..lol...)
    Hubbys credit sucks worse than mind we are still plugging away at cleaning his up Mine is down to 3 public records and 2 collections on tu my scores are still around 585 on ELOAN.

Signed
    Frustrated in Credit pergatory

Jamie

2. Eric2OO2

Eric2OO2 Well-Known Member

Im very new to the credit scene and all but I just had a question for you. Would you really want to pay their fee's for that card ? Account Set-Up Fee: $29.00 (one-time fee)
    Program Fee: $95.00 (one-time fee)
    Annual Fee: $48.00
    Participation Fee: $72.00 Annually*
    Additional Card Fee: $20.00 Annually
    They say that if approved your limit is going to be at least $250, well minus the fee's your available credit is only going to be $72, being that your limit is set at the minimum of $250. Than after all of these awful fees this place has the balls to charge you $25 for a credit increase. But they do bill your particiapation fee at $6 a month, instead of $72 up front LOL. If you get this card and it helps you build credit, GREAT but I really wouldn't want to start at THOSE costs! In my opinion you should have went for the Capitol One secured card instead, that's what I have. I had to send in $49 for the card, and they game me a $200 limit. 5 months later they raised the limit to $300 when I called and asked. The only fee's associated with this card is the $49 annual fee and the apr of 19.8%.....Good Luck!

3. sbdmom

sbdmom Well-Known Member

Hi
    You are right..First Premier has a lot of fees BUT I have a 3yr charge off from capitol one :( I doubt at this time they would give me another chance maybe though...I haven't tried for a secured card with them

Unbelievably I have a Cross counrty card that was issued in Dec 01 that I have been pretty happy with they've increased it to $500 from $250 already.

My thinking with the subprime First premier is that the fees will lead to evenually a good reporting line of credit with a high limit .....where a secured card is my own money out of pocket its the same almost 200.00 + dollars but I have a chance of them increasing the limit.

I have public records (we've made sooo many dumb mistakes tax lien (paid)..Bk/93 eviction (long story but satisfied) that are drowning my scores I'm not sure or can't do anything about them yet.

I am trying to get a few more lines of revolving credit to boost my low scores especially now that I'm close to getting all the collections off.

Progress is slow...lol ( I am soo impatient)
    Thanks for your thoughts though ,and if I can't find a way to prove employment I will be waiting till I can get hubby a card from someone and sign up as a Au heheheh

Jamie

4. lesarin

lesarin Guest

i had the same thing happen. i started with a 200 limit, called 6 month latter. I asked for a limit increase. The lady goes, okay your credit limit has been raised to 300.00. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. lol.

5. suzza

suzza Well-Known Member

I had a First Premier card with a $300 cl for over 2 yrs. After calling every few months, I finally got the cl up to $600. When I called to get this increased, they said they couldn't do it. They said that $600 was a great cl for that card and it would probably never be increased. So, I closed it. From what I can tell, they have no interest in being anything other than a subprime lender.

6. tix

tix Well-Known Member

I would try First Consumers National Bank. Secured, however the gave me 200% of deposit. First Premier was my first card, followed by Capital One (two cards) and FCNB.

FCNB=Great Card
    Capital One=A close second (Low Limits)
    First Premier= A card for only the worst situations

tix

7. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

First premier sucks. When we called and closed it they removed the listing from all the CRAs in spite I guess. Basically I paid a ton in fees for 2 years to build my credit and now I get nothing out of it because they removed it. I called last week and they promised to put it back on but I will believe that when I see it.