Advice needed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by willall, Aug 4, 2002.

1. willall

willall Well-Known Member

I have an account that the OC has sent to a CA, On my reports the CA is not being reported but the Delinquent status with the OC is. I disputed it as not mine with the CRA's. Since Experian is the only one you can check for status updates online, I checked on it and found that even though the 30 day mark doesnt end until 8/16, they have listed the account as deleted! I was happy to see that, but Im still getting letters from the collection agency about the debt. Now if the OC is allowing this account to be deleted with the CRA's Im thinking my next move will be to hit the CA with a letter of validation.

Please weigh in with your advice/opinions...

2. willall

Anyone have anything? It would be appreciated...

3. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Is the debt yours?

Is the debt within SOL?

Does the collection letters reflect any violations of the FDCPA?

4. willall

The debt is disputable, services rendered were subpar.
    SOL has not ran out,
    No violatons thus far.

5. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Is this a medical debt?

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

subpar: Below levels of expectations, I believe

You are receiving CA notices but they aren't on your CR, right? You have two avenues, as I see it. Wait and see if the CA puts this on your credit report and, if/when they do, dispute or dispute now.

If I had received a letter from the CA, I'd dispute now. But, I've been successful with removals by waiting. I think it was easier for me to prevent the entry by disputing when the CA letter arrived. How's that for me covering both sides of the coin? LOL

You might want to get a few more opinions and weigh them...I'm sure lots of good advice will be posted here! Good luck! And, congrats on the delete!

7. willall

The debt was for auto repairs that were subpar.

The account was placed with collections I believe around May, I knew this and was suprised that is wasnt listed on my reports. Imagine my surprise when I disputed the account as not mine & so far Experian deleted.

That led to my thinking that if I send a validation letter to the CA, if the OC didnt valiadate with the CRA's then they have no premise to provide validation with the CA.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

In most instances, these small type businesses have no clue what they are doing with regards to "credit". If you received a letter from the ca, my advise is to immediately send a validation letter. It puts all collection activity on hold, including reporting to the cra's, until such time as they can legally validate the debt. This will prevent it from appearing, if they follow the law.