Wow! That was fast!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Aug 4, 2002.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

My Citi and PVN online payments actually cleared my checking account the day after I made the payment!!!

This is the first time I have ever seen a payment go through that fast! Usually 2-4 days lag time.

Of course, I never, ever pay before the money is in the account, but just in case someone is tempted to try that, I thought I would post, and warn folks.

2. ingenue

ingenue Well-Known Member

I, too, have seen some of my accounts post next-business-day after mailing. And like you, I make sure my bank account can always cover my checks. Good alert, breeze.

I've only noticed this recently. Didn't some companies get caught delaying posting checks to generate late fees? Maybe there's been a change in how the CC's post checks bacause of this.

-ingenue

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Most of the prime CCC's post the payment to the credit card account the next business day, but this is the first time I have seen the money come out of my checking account the next day. Usually there is a two or three day float time.

4. ingenue

ingenue Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion. I've seen payments post to my credit balance AND to my checking account 1 business day after.

The main instance of this is my BoA CC, since the check is drawn against my BoA checking acct. But I've see it for my other accts. also. The crazy thing is that this is happening even when I send my payment by post.

-ingenue

5. Manequinne

Manequinne Well-Known Member

And to think, I was very happy that Capital One posts quickly.

I know when I've paid them Friday Morning, the money is gone from my checking account Monday morning.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Shoot, I've made payments to my Target Visa on a Sat. afternoon and it cleared my checking account on Monday.

Best regards,
    Mirage