Got a Eloan link,will I get a Hard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Brenda, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Brenda

Brenda Well-Known Member

Soft Inquiry

2. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

Eloan pulls a soft from transunion which leaves me with a funny story. Since my eloan shows negative info(late pays) that are not on transunion I called them to ask where they get their score. The lady said either equifax or experian but she would check. After 5 minutes on hold she came back and said it was equifax for sure. Now my question is, if they put a soft inquiry on transunion which I have seen how can they pull equifax. Also, on my negative it said the amount of inquiries I had and it matched up exactly with transunion. Finally, I emailed don richman and he said TU has nothing to do with eloan which may be so but it is obvious there are hidden files on my report. I only have a settled cc from 5 years ago yet my report says I have 12 late pays within the last 2 years. I still say TU is up to something funny and when I get the time I may call them on this.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

TU is not up to anything funny. I have already explained this to you once. I'll try again.

Your score from eloan is derived from the info contained in your TU report, but is calculated by credit xpert(not creditexpert). Next, if you pull your free report from eloan, it comes from equifax, as it clearly states on the website before you pull report.

4. picantel

That is fine but I also have nothing that would show lateness in my equifax either. I would still like to know where this lateness in the last 2 years is coming from.
    Ok I just check my eloan score.
    Payment History: In the past 2 years, you have missed 3 consecutive payments 11 time(s).
    They have removed one of the payments(was 12 now 11). The equifax lady took off a cc that was not mine and it had 1 90 day late payment on it. The problem is that the card was charged off 3 years ago. It does appear that eloan counts all late payments no matter how old as being done in the last 2 years which of course hurts the score. If my other 2 old late ccs do not respond by wednesday then equifax said it would remove them. I will get a better idea if I can even get one of them removed as to the impact with your eloan score.

5. Brenda

Brenda Well-Known Member

Guys please back to me, Do I get a hard pull on exqifax or trans union on do you have a link

6. karak

karak Well-Known Member

Sopposedly Eloan uses TU for the score but you report is pulled from Equifax. Neither is a "hard"

Kara

7. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

My derog and psitive info matches exactly what my TU reports. The e-loan soft inq also shows on TU only. My EQ has 3 different derogs that don't show on the e-loan summary (score analysis). How can EQ be involved at all. Nothing shows in my EQ inquiry area regarding E-Loan.

8. picantel

My point exactly.

9. Brenda

Brenda Well-Known Member

I tried and Eloan said they can't fine my score,this happen to anyone

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. IF YOU PULLED YOUR FREE CREDIT REPORT FROM ELOAN, IT CAME FROM EQUIFAX.

Taken directly from the eloan get your free report page:

Please note: Your credit score was based on a TransUnion credit report, whereas this free report is from Equifax. Although these reports are usually similar, there are often differences. Therefore, you may not see items described in your credit score analysis on this report. To order a TransUnion report for a fee, contact them directly.

11. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I get it. There are two free choices when you log onto E-Loan. One is for a free report (pull EQ) and one is for free score (pull TU).
    If you choose the Free report (EQ) selection you have the option of spending another $5 to get a score derived from creditxpert based on EQ. If you choose free score they pull TU and use creditxpert again to calculate the score. Either way creditxpert scoring is fuzzy math. I was 658 when creditxpert used EQ and 654 creditxpert used TU.

My fico (beacon score) for EQ is 672 per my mortgage company and the Equifax website.

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Your eloan and real scores are reasonably close. Some have had wide differences. Mine TU score on eloan is 60 pts higher than TU's phoney score and the TU fico is about that much higher also.