Unrated Accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by liesel, Aug 4, 2002.

1. liesel

liesel Active Member

Question - My husband and I worked really hard last year to clean up our reports in anticipation of getting a mortgage. We were successful in cleaning them up to the point of getting a primle loan, even though I had to pay off a CA for a $4000 debt before we could close. (As a side note, I want to thank this board for helping me learn to negotiate with these idiots. After they validated the debt, they tried to be real jerks about not accepting less than full payment. I claimed to be totally destitute (and sounded as stupid as possible on the phone) since we were closing in a week and a half and they settled with me for 25%. HAH. I only wish I had tried to go lower.)

Anyway, this same account is now showing on my reports as unrated. There is no balance showing, just a notation saying "Dispute-resolution pending". My question for all of you is, is it better to have this stated or should I try to get the CB to either verify the accuracy (which I think would get me a R9 rating)? Thanks.

2. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

The CRAs always state that an unrated account does nothing to your score. I just had a bad unrated citibank removed from TU and I did not lose or gain a point so they might be telling the truth. Of course, we all know that CRAs never lie so of course it must be so.