TU-CA account as currently past due

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Swede, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

Collections account are supposed to charged off and not read as currently past due, correct?
    For example Updated: 12/2000 Placed: 9/99 Balance: 394 Most Owed: 341 Past Due: 341
    How can balance and past due be different amounts?
    How is most owed 341 when the balance is 394? Seems to me 394 is more than 341.....
    How can there be a past due on a charged-off account?
    I have different 3 accounts listed this way. When I pulled my eloan report, it says: In the past 2 years, you have missed 3 consecutive payments 41 times. How the hell is that possible if it was placed for collections 3 years ago???
    Has anyone disputed this scenario with TU?

2. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't have any real answers, but it shows that it was last updated in 12/2000, so it probably was charged off after that. That's why it still shows a balance, because it had yet to be charged off. I don't know why the most owed is $341 when the balance is $394, except maybe finance charges and fees? I'm just a newbie, but thought I'd throw in an answer. I'm sure others will be better at giving you direct answers!

3. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

The balance is ok, well I'd rather not have it at all, but it's the past due issue that's causing problems because it appears as though every month, I'm late paying it and I think collections accounts are supposed to be aged. The CA accounts on my EQ is not listed as current and isn't showing up as a recent late pay lowering my score there.
    I don't think it's legal to add fees to a collection account but I'll wait for the experts to answer this- hopefully!
    THanks for your reply!

4. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

The balance is ok, well I'd rather not have it at all, but it's the past due issue that's causing problems because it appears as though every month, I'm late paying it and I think collections accounts are supposed to be aged. The CA accounts on my EQ is not listed as current and isn't showing up as a recent late pay lowering my score there.
    I don't think it's legal to add fees to a collection account but I'll wait for the experts to answer this- hopefully!
    THanks for your reply!

5. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's legal either, for them to add fees, but I KNOW they do it ALL the time. A relatively small bill can become enormous by the time they are done with it!

6. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

Bastards :)