Chase Derog removed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by thattaway, Aug 4, 2002.

1. thattaway

thattaway Well-Known Member

My score just jumped by 51 points becuase my last derog just came off. I am so happy. I had a Chase credit card with several late pays and a charge off. Transunion and Equifax were correctly reporting this account. Experian was showing late dates and CO as more recent then they were. !@#@! Experian verified this account twice then refused to investigate any more. So I faxed a letter to Chase asking for their help in getting my Experian file reporting correctly. And they did help me, they responded by contacting all three CRA's had telling them to delete the Chase account from their records!!!!!!! If anyone has a problem with a old Chase account that you want deleted, Fax Chase at 210-586-5908 with your complaint and copy of your credit report showing the problem and hope for the best. The copy of my letter is below. Results took about 30 days.

@@@
    My Experian credit file contains some inaccurate information concerning my past experiences with Chase. My Chase credit card account was charged off several years ago and has several late payments on the same account. My problem with my credit file is that the late payment history reported to my Experian file is not accurate. The credit file shows that I have late payments up until 12/1999, yet the account has been closed with a zero balance since 1997. My Chase account number is XXXXXX, my SSN is XXXXXX and my Experian report number is XXXXX. I would be very grateful if you could please update my credit file with accurate information about me. Attached to fix letter is a copy of the Experian credit file showing the account in question. My contact information is below, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    @@@

That is all it took!!!

Trevor

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Well done.