CSC vs EQUIFAX disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by msb212, Aug 15, 2002.

1. msb212

msb212 Well-Known Member

I've seen some people post abolut disputing with CSC rather than Equifax directly...who is CSC, and is it a different process? From the posts I've read it seems they may be easier on delteions. My worst score is EQ, so i am very interested in this...

2. suzza

suzza Well-Known Member

I go through CSC because they represent Equifax in my area. I can't do any online dispute with Equifax because of this. I think it has to do with where you live.

3. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

You are assigned geographically. I, residing in Texas, am assigned to CSC. To me being assigned to CSC is a detriment not a bonus! They are highly unorganized, the reps are just idiots (seriously I saw an ad in the paper for cust svc reps for CSC, and now I know why they come across as stupid), & no I wouldn't consider it an easier dispute process. I can't dispute anything online. They can't tell you anything about a dispute before the 30 days is up--let's say you have 10 items in dispute, one of the items is complete, they can't tell yo anything about the completed item until all 10 are completed. I think their system is really lacking. I think the only way to get a clean report out of CSC is a lawsuit. They are notorious for reinsertions. They split my file. I had to file a lawsuit to get them to fix it. What a mess!

If I sent a dispute to Equifax, they would forward it to CSC and send me a letter telling me to send it to CSC from now on.

4. cma

cma Well-Known Member

Lisa that really sucks. I'm in Kansas and have snail mailed my disputes to CSC in the past. I just began my online odyssey with Credit Watch and can see my disputes I just sent to CSC. So does that mean that I can't dispute with Credit Watch? How do you know what region you are in?

5. msb212

msb212 Well-Known Member

Got it. Thanks. I'm in CA, and have been disputing directly with EQ either over the phone or via fax. Surprisingly, I have found that they are fairly helpful. I always start out with an apology, that I am in the midst of a refi, so the correct info is very important, etc. Still some derogs left which I don't think are coming off any time soon (open accounts with MBNA with historical late pays) but this is true of all three CRAs. Everything else has come off. If I get my refi completed, the accounts will have 0 balances, so I will try closing them and disputing at that point. Maybe it will be easier.

6. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Mike, do they force you to use CSC? Is that why you were snail mailing the disputes to CSC? Also, is it CSC in Houston?

Even when you are assigned to CSC, you are still able to dispute online via Credit Watch?

I was told by both CSC & Equifax, that CSC OWNS my file! Equifax services CSC, but CSC is the governing entity over my file. That sucks!

I think I stay so mad at CSC all the time because they are so incompetent. I mean it is just rampant. At least half the time the rep hangs up on me. Not because I was rude. If the dispute is too long or too involved or they just don't want to deal with it, we mysteriously get disconnected.

At least half the time, what I disputed did not end up under dispute. They chose another acct to dispute instead. I have lost at least 3 posititive tradelines this way. Then I had to fight to get them back.

I invariably get 1 of at least 3 reps that I know of that I can not understand! They mumble, talk so low you can't hear them, or do not speak enough English to communicate effectively.

I just think they are a cheap, shoddy imitation CRA hiding behind Equifax. They suck!