who does sears pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by karak, Sep 8, 2002.

1. karak

karak Well-Known Member

I am in California and curious who they pull for a walk in application for their store card. Anyone know?

Thanks

Kara

2. kbanger

kbanger Well-Known Member

Karak, I honestly do not know, but I know one thing, they have one of the strangest approval ratios I have ever seen. My mother only had a mortgage on her CR and they gave her a card. My cousin has boo-koo cards and a score of 710 and was declined. They are just funny.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Me (a SEARS cardholder since 1979) DENIED a limit increase even though NONE FOR MANY YEARS!!!

F.I.C.O. 686-714
    NEVER A "BADDIE"

4. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

Sears pulled TU on me. My 724 was not good enough for a regular sears card though. When I called from the in store phone the lady told me to stop wasting their time and hung up on me. When I complained through planetfeedback I got this canned apology. whoopty doo. I was gonna buy central air and some other stuff from them but I think I will take my business elsewhere now.

5. karak

karak Well-Known Member

Oh my!

You got denied with a 724. What was their reason?

Kara

6. kbanger

kbanger Well-Known Member

Karak, you must of thought I was kidding with my first response to your post. Anyway if you apply, I hope you get it.

7. Kinetix

Kinetix Well-Known Member

They pulled Experian on me, I'm in california too. They also pulled another hard if you request a CL increase via there site.

8. javan

javan Well-Known Member

TU for me. I'm in SoCal

9. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

Experian for me 1100 limit. Michigan

FICO around that time was about 640. 1 paid collection for 135.00.

10. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

they said I had too many inquiries and too high credit limit. of course the 7 pulls by mbna did not help and nothing has umm disappeared in a week.

11. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

I had to bump this bad boy because I didn't read this before going into The Great Indoors.

I went in not to apply for the card, but I was sidelined by a persistent salesperson who for the life of me I couldn't say no to.

Anyway, I applied and was denied. I called this morning to find out why, I called customer service and the jack@$$ rep on the line told me that I was denied because I had a charge off from last month. I told him the only negative item on my report was from six years ago. Then he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I was getting a tad bit upset, so I asked to speak to underwriting, reconsideration dept., someone besides him. He told me he was the person that could reconsider me. I laughed, and asked to speak to his manager. Why didn't I just hang up the phone then and just PFB them?!?!?!? I explained what had just transpired, and told her my only negative item was from six years ago. She told me okay and placed me on hold. She comes back to the phone to tell me, okay I see that it was from 6 years ago, but I just pulled a SECOND report from TU and I am now denying you for having to many balances on my cards. (Note: This is the standard reason given on my TU report that hasn't updated for this month EVEN though I have paid off 90% of my balances and it shows it on the report!!!) First I told her to stop talking because I didn't give her permission to pull a second report. I told her all she had to do was look at the report that the rep. had up on his screen! Her reply was you told me to look at the date. I told her, yes, on the report you were just looking at. I told her to remove the second inquiry she just pulled by sending me a letter. She told me to call customer service. I called and asked to speak to a manager, he was also rude, and HUNG UP ON ME! At this point, I have now decided not call back anytime soon. I have PFB'ed them, I will now write a letter to BBB, and the FTC for incompetence. The funny thing is, I didn't even want the stupid card!

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Send them a demand that they remove it now or be sued. Do a search here for impermissible inquiries. I think Lizardking has a lawsuit against someone for this reason.

I had an insurance co. - Farmers- pull mine without telling me after I had specifically asked if they were going to and being told no. I got ahold of the district mgr. who claims to have sent a letter to TU requesting removal but TU says they never got. I then gave the district mgr TU's fax # and she claims she couldn't get thru. Then she sent the letter to me with a note, "I hope you have luck with this." I haven't sent the letter in yet and TU hasn't removed it either. I'm debating whether I should fax the letter or send an intent to sue to Farmers.

13. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

I will do, I am very upset because EVERYONE that I spoke with seemed to honestly not have a clue. Maybe because it was weekend personnel? I don't know, but they have REALLY upset me.

14. thomas

thomas Well-Known Member

I did the PF thing with Sears about five weeks ago. They never responded,

Their satisfaction guarantee means they guarantee they are satisfied, not you.