Is it me, or did it FINALLY work?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CaliGirl, Sep 18, 2002.

1. CaliGirl

CaliGirl Well-Known Member

I have disputed a particular item 3 times with EQ as being a duplicate of another. It is a paid/settlement account that the OC and the CA were reporting as Paid/Settlement, rather than, as I believe it should be with the OC as sold/transferred and the CA paid/settlement.

In any case, I have been unsuccessful several times, but I tried once again yesterday. I called EQ and spoke with a rep. I simply asked her if this should be reported as both being a paid/settlement. I explained to her that it looks like I had two settlements and not one. She said she would dispute and specifically ask for verification that I paid the OC AND paid the CA.

I just looked this morning and the account is gone. Not listed as in dispute, but just plain old gone! (Score jumped 28 points)

This is gone, right? I mean in your humble opinions, she just deleted it, correct? I assume (yes, I know) that if it were in dispute, it would say so.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

2. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

If it is equifax, than I would believe it went bye bye. Besides it is an error, so they have to delete.