A little humouir to make you laugh

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by edoggie, Sep 22, 2002.

1. edoggie

edoggie Well-Known Member

I found this post on some other meesage board about how to deal with NCO collections phone calls. I pissed my pants:

About NCO:

I just had some fun with these devils.

They called me a couple days ago using a recording. "Don't hang up! This is not a sales call!" They kept me on hold for five minutes, then a person finally came on the line and asked for "John Doe." Nothing ticks me off more than telemarketers and people who use machines to call me, and then it's a wrong number to boot. Naturally, I replied, "This is he," and then they began to ask if I was going to pay my gas bill. I told them "No," and when they asked why, I told them I just didn't feel like it. Well, then he went into a long winded explanation of Public Law 95-5 or some such garbage and I told them, "You can't use Public Law 95-5 against me!" to which he replied, "Oh yes we can! Good day!" and hung up.

Well, 8:15 this am my phone rings and it's them again. "I'd like to speak to john Doe regarding a personal financial matter." I asked him what his name was and he said "Jack Smith." "Jack Smith?" I said. "Obviously an alias! What is your real name?" He insisted it was Jack Smith, and would I please put John Doe on the line. "I can't," I replied- he's in the Witness Protection Program." I asked if he was calling about the gas bill and he was all "Oh, I don't know WHAT you're talking about! I'm calling about a personal financial matter!" as I'm logging on the internet and looking up NCO Financial Systems and seeing that they do collections. Well, we went round and round for fifteen or twenty minutes, "You're easily entertained, aren't you?" and "Is he within 500 feet of you right now?" before he finally realized he was wasting his time "Oh, I get paid by the hour- I'm not wasting my time!" and hung up.

It was GRAND fun and I can't wait until he calls back. "Jack Smith" from the Oklahoma Office, if you're out there, you're SUCH a loser, and it was such fun tormenting you!And I hope you never find the guy you're looking for, you telemarketing pukes.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Funnyyyyyy!!

However, my favorite is still Doc's toddler. It's in an old old thread.

3. jrjr35

jrjr35 Well-Known Member

that's very funny.

4. SCMomof5

SCMomof5 Well-Known Member

When I had a lot of those kinds of calls, I would let my teenagers handle it. They would take turns acting like they didn't speak english, acting like they were mental cases, yelling into the phone that they didn't want to buy - so quit calling!!! etc.

We all had a good laugh at their expense!