car, house buying dicussion boards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Oct 7, 2002.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

car, house buying discussion boards?

Hi all,

I may purchase a home in the next few months and, soon after, a car.

Could anyone recommend good discussion boards for people who are looking to buy?

I've already visited Edmund's Town Talk and I am a member of Motley Fool. Are there anymore discussion boards that have a good bit of information?

Thanks,

2. cibomatto

cibomatto Well-Known Member

Re: car, house buying discussion boards?

I second that.. I am going to purchase an auto in the next 3-6 months

3. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

I village has a buying a house board. I like to check it out every now and then. Thought we were closer to being able to think about it, but found out that we'll probably have to wait over a year, since dh has only been at this job since Dec. I'm kind of bummed about it, so haven't checked that board lately. G/L on the house buying!!

4. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

tracy

How long has dh been in the line of work? If he has at least 2 years in the same or similar job type then that should not be a hinderance.

fla-tan

5. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

marci

I can't think of a better board for you to visit and partake in than this one.

fla-tan

6. tracyb0313

Only since Dec of last year, so not quite a year. Which is going to postpone things til NEXT Dec, unless we can come up w/ a ton of $$$ before then. A mortgage guy I talked to this morning said about $11,000. That will take a while. That would be the 5% down, plus closing costs (he said about $2500) and about $2500 for an escrow account. By the time we save that much, he'll be at that job well over a year =( Looks like I'm going back to work to try to save some $$$. Well, at least by then the CR's should be good! That's one way to look at it. We're so close, with scores in mid 600's to low 700's.

7. markman

markman Well-Known Member

That is weird. I have been working at the same company for only 9 months and I was a student before, but I had no problems getting approvals from Countrywide and Eloan.

Mark

8. tracyb0313

Do you have the 5% or whatever to put down? We don't have the $11000 right now!

9. markman

markman Well-Known Member

No the loans are zero down (the zero down program e-loan offers and an 80/20 mortgage from Countrywide). E-loan's rate for this product is kind of high (7.25%), but Countrywide's is competitive (6.25% for the 80 and I am not sure for the 20 yet since it is a line of credit).

Mark

10. tracyb0313

can you explain this to me further? I'm such a novice to this loan part. I've spent all this time working on our CR's (which aren't quite ready yet, btw) and the loan part I haven't looked into much. I knew once I started, I'd get my hopes squashed. I talked to a lady at countrywide in my town this morning, she was absolutely UN helpful!

11. dimples1

dimples1 Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well, please explain.

12. TedTX

TedTX Well-Known Member

Countrywide will do 103% home loan if you can do a full doc loan, I'm getting a 95% no doc loan with 3% coming from a 1st time home buyers program.

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Marci,

I'm think when Momof3 was house hunting, she posted a few websites. This was over a year ago, so it may be easier to email her instead of searching through the threads.

14. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks lena,

I will e-mail Momof3!

15. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member

marci,

This isn't really a car-buying board, per se, but the Car Talk bulletin board can still offer some valuable insight that might indirectly shape your buying decision. It also makes for some good readin' (not as good as this board, though :^) ).

It even comes with a handy dandy Hate Mail Generator!

wajaba