gap store card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jk1, Nov 11, 2002.

1. jk1

jk1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I wanted to post this for anyone's info if it is remotely useful. I applied for a Gap store card yesterday and was approved (whopping $500 limit - but then I was thinking - how much credit does one need at the Gap anyway).

Strange thing is that I came home and looked at all big three CRA reports and there is not an inquiry from Monogram on there.

Hmm.

2. dep_tx

dep_tx Well-Known Member

what were your scores? I need a Retail card and I could use some new Khakies!

I could blow $500 in Baby gap alone, my boy looks good in GAP

3. cma

cma Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in the scores needed for Gap as well. My kids like gap too.

dep_tx, looks like your scores have climbed quite a bit in the last couple of months! Way to go.

4. dep_tx

dep_tx Well-Known Member

thanks Mike I have all the reports clean and now am working on the Utilization and Bumpage.(all thanks to CN)

I don't really want to apply for anything until be start house shopping in March but I would let my self slip for a good Retail TL

5. cma

cma Well-Known Member

I'm right with you on working on utilization. Best Buy and Target are decent store cards and you could get approved with mid 600 scores on both. Target pulls TU in our area when applying instore though.

I'll be trying for a house early next year as well.

You really cleaned up your reports in a hurry! I'm hoping for some last minute CHODding to finish mine up.

6. jk1

jk1 Well-Known Member

You all are funny, I got the card at Baby Gap myself. My scores are around 700 at EX and TU, Eq 740 range. (I don't understand the no inquiry thing, maybe it will take an actual business day to show?)

Good luck!

7. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

bump

Hey jk1, did the inquiry ever show up on your reports?

8. jk1

jk1 Well-Known Member

NO, no inquiry from them so far. Isn't that strange?

9. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

yep, I applied last night in the store and immediately went home to see who they pulled.

No one....

I checked today, nothing.

I hope it stays that way.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I applied the gap card inside the store and they approved it for $600. They pulled credit report from Equifax. It shows as MCCBG/GAP BRANCH C1.

Ron.

11. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

were you approved?

12. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was instantly approved in the store.