Foreclosure Reporting Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by codeman, Dec 11, 2002.

1. codeman

codeman Member

Hello All,

I have a foreclosure that is being reported differently at the 3 CRA's and just wanted to get your input.

EXP shows Allied Group Mortgage "foreclosure as of 6/2001" with "90 days as of 1/2001" "Last Reported 6/2001"

EQ shows Nationwide Home Mortgage "Foreclosure" with last activity of 3/2000 "Reported 5/2001"

TU shows Nationwide Home Mortgage "Foreclosure" "Account closed 11/2000" "Updated 5/2001

What should be considered as my foreclosure date? I know for a fact that the last payment made was 10/2001.

My goal is to clean up my credit by July 03 and get a VA mortgage.

Thanks in advance

Codeman

2. codeman

codeman Member

BTW I currently have about 13 derogs and 1 foreclosure listed by the CRA's

EQ=577 11/02
    EX=544 12/02
    TU=624 12/02

3. codeman

codeman Member

Bump

4. codeman

codeman Member

Foreclosure Help

Bump

5. humblemarc

humblemarc Well-Known Member

Re: Foreclosure Help

oooohh, oooohh,
    I know this one! First start the "nutcase" series with the mortgage company via regular mail and planetfeedback.com. Also dispute the account with the CRAs. See how that works, and then report back.

Also, please read the first 3 threads several times AND all the associated links within those threads. You might not think they apply to you now, but you never know what some small bit of info. might trigger an idea for you.
    Good luck and welcome to the board!

6. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

Hi codeman

Welcome to the board. First question I would ask is who is the correct lender? I would suggest disputing with the CRA (s) that have incorrect lender info as not mine. U would also dispute with the other CRA (s) as not mine as well, with the understanding that I would use wrong information as a backup. Good luck to you in your efforts.

fla-tan

7. codeman

codeman Member

Actually, Allied Group Mortgage and Nationwide are the same company. I think either Nationwide bought out the other guy, or they just changed their name. I can't remember which.

At this point I'm just concerned with getting the dates reported correctly. I'm trying to get a VA home loan in July 2003

Question: Is a foreclosure aged by it's Delinquency date or the actual date the foreclosure was completed?

Thanks for your help.

Codeman

8. humblemarc

humblemarc Well-Known Member

Codeman,
    foreclosures look veeeery bad on your reports, and it will probably take less effort to get them removed completely than getting the dates correct. i would suggest the above-mentioned strategy as i've seen "nutcase" letters get very quick responses (i.e. deletions) from past mortgage lenders.