auto loans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by teesha, Feb 11, 2003.

1. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

well I applied foa ford about 15 minutes ago at their site so I hope I get approved.I went to the dealership and I test drove a 2003 expedition with leather seats power,6 disc cd changer and dvd for 31487...I told them to let me think on it and they said if i want to go ahead with it apply online...i FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CAR....Is their an site online that approves online with scores around 600..Tried eloan a month ago got denied...Tell me some good auto sites that approve with so so credit ...I love the car..

2. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

I have heard many people say that FMC is VERY tough on-line, that you're best bet is at the dealership. I was turned down by FMC with a 689 score, no derogs, so who knows. FMC is supposed to be the more lenient lender.

3. klfs.org

klfs.org Active Member

4. gc

gc Well-Known Member

wow!! that's cheaper than i would have thought. hope you get approved. let us know

5. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

i tried drive financial but they do not loan in louisiana..does anyone eles have any ideas????Thanks

6. klfs.org

klfs.org Active Member

7. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

has anyone used househpld before? i know someone on here has gotten approved on line through a service with so so credit please tell me who?Please

8. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

Hey tnobles have you applied anywhere eles? has anyone heard os autofinders.net ?

9. tnobles

Girl, let me tell ya, EVERYWHERE turned me down, perfect credit but thin file, so I went and opened up an account at a credit union and bam approved for 100% financing of trade in value on the spot. Since hubby is a dealer we were able to get one CHEAP and still took out an extra 4k to blow. As a matter of fact, I just got it out of the shop today, had a DVD system installed, too cool!!! The paperwork LITERALLY took about 10 mins.

10. tnobles

What part of LA? We are in MS. Hubby can get you one at wholesale. Trust me 31k is too much! I work at the auction here and see em go all day long for 22 or 23k

11. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

i live in Baton rouge....

12. tnobles

Re: Re: auto loans

hmmm... I guess that is what about 2 hrs fm Hattiesburg?

13. tnobles

My guess the way you explained the truck it's not an Eddie Bauer?

14. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

nope....xlt.Boy is it fine ..They took $5900 off the msrp...I applied on line like the salesperson sugget I havent heard back yet. I think I did it to late..What do you know about household?

15. tnobles

Re: Re: Re: auto loans

I don't know anything about them. Let me tell you what is going to be most important why I was turned down over and over, they want to see previous auto loan history, I did not have one so a total of 5 different places turned me down. Do you have previous history? Good history? They are pretty forgiving if you've got that behind you, but I have read more than once, here as a matter of fact, that people applied at FMC on-line and was turned down but then went to the dealership and was approved. On-line you have nobody pushing for you. At the dealership you have the F&I guy pushing for you. What is you're Efx score? Efx is what all places here pulled for me including FMC.

16. tnobles

Re: Re: Re: auto loans

ohhh 31k for an xlt is WAY too much. I am sorry, with hubby being a dealer and me working at the auction I know what these things are selling wholesale for and it is just hard for me to imagine paying anymore for one. Boy if hubby and I ever divorced I'd be in trouble..... I'd be without a vehicle b/c I would never pay retail for one again LOL!!!

17. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

Peoplefirst is th most strict of them all. As strict as they come

18. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

they emailed saying they are sending my app. to custom financing...My scores are in the 600is range...I have two previous car loans...So who knows...

19. LD

LD Well-Known Member

Teesha - I financed my car through Household in 06/2000. At that time, I had only a Cap 1 card for about 10 months and my ex had 3 payments left on a car that I was a co-signor on.

I did apply online and got an email indicating that I was pre-qualified. I had to supply hard copies of information like 2 paystubs, etc. I was approved for $20,000, which was fine since I purchased a Jeep Wrangler.

If you desperately need a new car (as I did), you may want to go the HH route and then maybe refinance for a lower rate 6-months or a year down the road.

Good luck!

Lisa

20. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

I went online to househo;d but they do not do louisiana...