More credit after Bankruptcy!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jason1971, Feb 12, 2003.

1. jason1971

jason1971 Banned

This is to those that care or need help and if anyone can help me from this point I could really use it!! Discharge from Bankruptcy on December 2001. FICO was around 450 on 25 discharged accounts. After around 8 months FICO around 664. First Consumers National Bank:Dec 2001 opening credit limit $300, current credit limit $800. Providian getsmart: March 2002 opening credit limit $1000, current credit limit $1000. Capitol One Secured: April 2002 opening credit limit $500, current credit limit $600. American Pacific Bank Secured: May 2002 opening credit limit $400, current credit limit $500. Umbrella Bank Secured: May 2002 opening credit limit $2000, current credit limit $2000. Kmart Credit card: May 2002 opening credit limit $50, current credit limit $500. Providian Gold card: Janurary 2003 opening credit limit $1000, current credit limit $1000. Merrick Bank card: Feburary 2003 opening credit limit $1000, current credit limit $1000. What I have done in my situation is what others tell me is WRONG! Most people that are experts say only get like 3 accounts. I believe and from watching my FICO constantly is that you should establish as many positive accounts as possible and keep your debt under 20% of your credit limits. I believe that from my last 2 PRE-APPROVED offers is that the more credit you establish, with accounts you can receive with reasonable offers,and then pay off in full every month the beter credit cards you can get and keep it GOING and GOING. The idea is to REASTABLISH your credit again. LOOK at the above accounts (2) Providan accounts NO annual FEE. Kmart Credit Card NO ANNUAL FEE and though CAPITAL ONE. MERRICK Bank NO annual fee. Pay off in full and it works!!! This is where I need help from here and if anyone can help me it would be great. I realize that many major credit issuers like Citibank, Discover, MNBA, Chase, AMEX, US Bank, Bank of America and ETC. will not issue cards with a Bankruptcy on the report. Does anyone know of any smaller issuers that offer cards after Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?? With a decent FICO. I am looking into Atlantic Federal and Virtual Bank and many other ETC. ones but don't want the extra unneeded inquires. CAN ANYONE HELP???? I WILL HELP IF ANYONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Touchdown

Touchdown Well-Known Member