experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DEE, Jan 4, 2001.

1. DEE

DEE Guest

i NEED HELP DISPUTED SEVERAL ITEMS ON MY EQUIFAX AND EXPERIAN REPORTS EQUIFAX HAS REMOVED THEM. bUT EXPERIAN IS STATING THAT THEY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED.THEY ARE ACCOUNT PAID CHRG OFF.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL WHAT THE NEXT STEP.

THANKS DEE

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE I'M IN THE SAME BOAT

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same predicament. If only I had known about settlement negotiation two years ago. Instead, as soon as I could scramble to get the money together, I paid the debt. The end result was a paid charge off.

Transunion has removed it but Equifax and Experian are being stubborn. Experian removed it once but put it back on rather quickly.

At this point, I'm pretty frustrated. Maybe I'll be living with this black mark on my credit reports for the next five years.

I did write to my original creditor but my efforts yielded no results. In fact, I didn't get a response at all.

Maybe you'll be more successful with Experian than I've been. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Donna

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: RE I'M IN THE SAME BOAT

After quite some time trying to get my paid charge of simply corrected and after several disputes with all 3 CRA's. I finally got an address to the creditor where Experian said they verified. Guess what? My letter came back address unknown. I do not believe at this point that they contact the creditor at all. If its in thier files, I think that is verification enough for them.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: RE I'M IN THE SAME BOAT

Thanks, Jamie, for sharing your Experian Experience.

How fortunate for you that the letter you sent to your creditor came back.

Regrettably, the letter I sent to my creditor apparently reached its destination. The problem is that they are not responding. And, when you think about it, why should they respond. They have their money now and certainly don't care about me or my credit report.

But I'm going to keep after them. Of course, I'd like to get the black mark off but also the information on my reports, namely Experian, is incorrect.

Take care.

Donna