Asset + List =Illegal?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by oceana44, Mar 7, 2003.

1. oceana44

oceana44 New Member

This is my first visit to this sight and I thought I'd post something about Asset Acceptance LLC. In thier way of providing proof that I owed tham money thay sent me a list of 50 other people and their account numbers. Isn't this just a tad illegal?

2. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

If they sent you any info that you can use to personally identify anyone on the list I'm sure you got a hunk of gold in your hands. Otherwise its just a list of anonymous names and account numbers.

3. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

how would this person benefit in court? This person was not harmed by recieving other peoples info, now the people on the list has an argument for court.

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

well.. if the list has the id info of the other 50 you could contact them and let them know this co disclosed their info to you and they could sue for it.

You could also use it against them showing their lax procedures (can't disclose info to unrelated 3rd parties) ... so if you catch them on other violations it goes to show their blatant disregard for fdcpa

5. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Asset Acceptance jiust violated the FDCPA rights od every person on that list, but not yours. By sending it to a 3rd party, they "published" it. Publishing a list of debtors is a specifically listed unfair practice under FDCPA.

If you really want to fuc* Asset Acceptance (and I would do this in a New York Minute) is to try to contact each person on that list and let them know that they have the right to sue Asset Acceptance for $1000 satutory damages, each. Send thema copy of the list and a letter saying it was voluntarily sent to you by Asset Acceptance (meaning you didn't ask them for it).

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

You might also make a copy of it and send it to the FTC with a note explaining how they sent it to you. If they have enough complaints on these jerks, it might be enough to start some trouble for them.

7. alent1234

alent1234 Well-Known Member

They were reporting a bs tradeline on my experian report and this is how I got rid of it. Go to their website:

http://www.assetacceptance.com/

If you look at their employment page you will notice that the address is hr@assetacceptance.com so you can safely assume that is the domain name they use for their general email.

Surf on over to their Meet the Officers page:

http://www.assetacceptance.com/3.html

Most places the email address is first initial and last name @domain.com. Do this with all of their officers and send it to @assetacceptance.com. I did this and I assume it went to the right people because I never got a computer generated message that the email wasn't delivered. In the email say that you don't know what the bill is that they are reporting and that you will sue. If they don't respond within a week send another email like described above.

In my case they pulled a soft inq a few days after the first email. I sent another hate letter and got a response saying the tradeline would be removed. It took a few weeks to remove it from Experian report.

8. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Damn, how come I can't get things like this to happen to me?

LOL