no credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breezi, Mar 12, 2003.

1. breezi

breezi New Member

doc, i'm 22 yrs old and have no credit. i've never applied for any kind of credit until recently, and sinse i have, i've been turned down each time, there is nothing on my credit report, and all responses that come back from credit card companies, just say no credit history found, could you please tell me which cards i would qualify for with no credit, and tell me how to start establishing some credit. i really dont want to apply for a secured card unless i have to, i heard secured cards make your credit report look bad when thats the only thing you have on it, is this true your help would be greatly appreciated

2. dzeng

dzeng Member

You can begin from some secured card, also find some family member to add you as AU. These will help you. Once you have some clean credit for half a year, you will receive tons of invite.

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

If you are a student just apply for an student card. If you are not just apply for a good secured card which reports. Or get a secured loan in a Bank. Or ask some relative with good credit to add you as an authorized user.

Then wait three o four months and apply for easies store cards like Mobil, target guest, radio shack, etc.
    and then at the six month apply for a Visa/MC like Target Visa, providian or whatever easy card. Try to avoid First Premier, Capital One.

4. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

You're 22 - are you a student? MANY banks have different student credit card programs geared towards those who are full-time or part-time college students. These banks are:

Wells Fargo
    Bank of America
    First USA
    American Express (Blue)

As long as you can show proof of enrollment and have NO DEROGATORY credit reported, it should be pretty simple to be approved for such a card. Interest rates are usually higher, but approval is based on the fact that you can usually get help from your parents to help pay your bill.

Secured cards aren't all that bad. Both Wells Fargo and BofA offer secured cards.

My recommendation: If you can show proof of enrollment, I would apply for a student card. I would go to a local BofA or Wells Fargo and apply in person. Tell the banker that if you're declined, you'd like to apply for the secured credit card.

If you can't show proof of enrollment, I would go straight to the secured card to keep your credit inquires low. After about 12 months, you'll be able to get your security deposit back and get an unsecured card. (BTW, you can start these cards with as little as $250 or $300 up to $5k or 10k.)

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

breezi, if you will send me an email I will tell you how to establish starter credit without ever applying for any credit card or any store card.

You can do it in as little as 12 weeks and most likely won't even get any enquiries on your credit reports.

Figuratively speaking, one day you look just like you do now, no credit and the next day Bingo! Execellent credit.

The cost is extremely low, probably less than $25 to $50 and it is reasonably easy to do.

And no, it won't cost you $29.95 to get the magic formula either.

Just send me an email and that is all it will cost you to get the info.

6. money

money Member