Being STALKED by NCO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. well here it is:

I get home last night to find a letter in the mail from NCO Financial regarding the $2500 Perkins loan that I took out in college. I have been repaying the school since Sept. They cashed my check for Sept. As I was reading the notice, I thought there was some sort of mistake so I checked my financial records for the 3 other checks that I wrote to the school (for Oct, Nov, Dec each for $170). THOSE CHECKS WERE NEVER CASHED! I just got off the phone with the school and I am going to send them a check for $510 return receipt (the money is just sitting in my checking account)and put a stop payment on the other 3 checks. They stated that they will reverse any late fees and pull my account immediately from NCO. Thank God! I have heard so much bad stuff about this agency. I pulled my worthknowing report and on 1/2/01, they posted a HARD inquiry on my report! :-( Makes me sick! My college also stated that after I send them the $510, my next quarterly payment will be due in March and that notice will come from EFG Technologies (I got a notice from them too but I thought they were a collection agency also). My college stated that EFG handles their billing, etc. of their loans. Didn't know that....oops!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

EFG technologies handles my loans. Remember the post from a few weeks ago, about me doing the retro active deferment with them and they reported me late for the time the paperwork cleared. Anyway. I rehabilitated the loan. I know you aint crazy enough to pay this loan without rehabilitating it. If you defaulted on this loan. You know I know the loan stuff girl. IM me and let me know what is going on with this. If it is not on your report now they will. EFG is good for that. The loan was never on my report until I made a payment to them and they reported it late for months prior.

roni

3. Cadillac408

O.k. I'll IM you later....

I think they might be doing exactly what you said! GOSH DARN IT! ;-D

4. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i noticed nco is showing up as hard inquires on my credit reports.All my collections are paid (only had 3)could this be from collections years ago?? do they have the right to do this???

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I was told by a Trans Union rep that a collection agency has the right to pull your credit report as many times as they like because it is a permissible purpose.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think that is the tricky part, on one hand we are told that we must give permission for someone to pull are reports that resulting in a hard inquiry, but others can pull are reports without our permission which results in a soft inquiry. But I really don't see how the collector's pull can result in a hard one, but from what someone had mentioned awhile back they can get away with this, I don't agree however.

Mom

7. Cadillac408

Yeah.....the financial rep at my college told me that whenever NCO is handed an account, the first thing they do is pull your report to locate you. Yeah, right! Oh well....I'll try to dispute the inquiry and get it off my report(s?). Not sure what other reports they pulled. :-(

8. Cadillac408

I guess my other question is..

When someone pulls a soft inquiry, what information are the able to see? Is is the same info as if they were pulling a hard inquiry? Why couldn't NCO pull a soft inquiry? I'm sure if they pulled a soft one that it would have my address, etc. Stupid!

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

NCO is a relentless Beast.

They will stalk you bad girl. I still remember the sound of jason's voice. Nice guy but he was on me like white on rice for 3 months until I finished consolidating. They tried to get a payment out of me after I consolidated saying they had not received any letters from the dept of ed yet. I said yeah right. You better get lost. They left me alone of course. They made my pressure rise alot. Get them off your butt, pronto.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

P.S.: They dont just collect. They COLLECT! They call at 8pm at night.

10. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: NCO is a relentless Beast.

I have never been contacted by them! They pulled my report that has all my info on it but I have yet to hear from them. If they have me as a collection it must be from years ago! They showed up on my report back in august.I dont get it!

11. MBA in Pit

MBA in Pit Guest

To Zip RE: NCO .

To ZIP from MBA in Pittsburgh
    January 11, 2001

NCO does acquire old. stale, charged off debt, sometimes debts that had appeared on the borrower's credit report for seven years and then have come off. NCO from time to time reages these old stale accounts, repackages them in NCO's own name, and puts them on the borrower's credit report as a new item just recently in collection. They do not always contact the debtor. Instead, they wait until the debtor applies for a loan and the new lender informs the debtor of the NCO entry. Then the debtor frantically tries to find out who NCO is and how to reach them to settle with them, so as to be able to obtain the new loan they are seeking.

I know this because NCO did this to me. I sued NCO. I took it to trial. I won. NCO paid me. A lawyer on NCO's staff came to court and explained how their name ends up as a creditor on certain debtors' credit reports. I had a court reporter present so her testimony has been pinned down. I have made itr available to persons litigating with NCO over this practice.

There is a class action pending in federal court in Philadelphia. It is against NCO and the three major CRAS.

If you want to discuss this further, reach me.

I am informed from reading postings to message boards that this practice appears to
    be engaged in by other companies. CREDITRUST, CITIFINANCIAL, COLDATA and GULF STATES COLLECTION have possibly done this.