Diner's No longer 60 days to pay?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Apr 8, 2003.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I got my Diners Club statement today and noticed that they are starting to charge a late fee if the payment isn't received within 30 days....Have they changed their policy or is it 30 days after the 60 days? I don't have the exact wording...I'm at work and the statement is at home.
    Any ideas out there?

2. swajames

swajames Well-Known Member

Is your card a personal card or a corporate card? Mine is corporate and I'm pretty sure we're still working on 60 days. I actually just got a statement this week and there was no mention of any changes to the T&C so I think it's still 60.

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I have the personal account.
    Here's the actual wording:
    NOTICE OF CHANGE IN TERMS (CHANGE IN DELINQUENCY CHARGE)
    Effective on the last day of the first billing period for your Account that ends on or after July 1, 2003, the Agreement governing your Diners Club Card is being changed to increase the late charge. the second paragraph of the section entitled "Card Account Late Charges" will be changed to read: If we do not receive payment of the intire past due balance before your next billing date (approximately 30 days later) and the past due balance is more than $130, we may assess a late charge of $30 plus 1 1/2% of the unpaid protion of the past due balance. The unpaid portion of the pastdue balance will, of course, include all amounts that have been billed to you, but you have not paid, for at least one billing period.

If you do not wish....write to us... we will cancel your account effective immediately, and you may continue paying off your account under the old terms....

4. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

Actually, there is no significant change, the late fee is increasing from $20 to $30 , but according to what you wrote in your posting.....they are still giving you 2 billing cycles to make that payment. Your account is not listed as past dues until the 2nd billing cycle with diners and they still will not charge a late fee until after it goes 2 billing cycles.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I usually paid my bills on-line as soon as the billing closed. It is no effect me a bit for this changes.

Ron.